Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:32:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Added a Juki to the Family

Started by Mojo, August 10, 2011, 07:40:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Mike:

let me make sure I have this correct. Your mounting your binder to the sliding needle plate and removing the plate and replacing it with a plain one when not needing a binder ?

Is this correct ?

If so do you have problems with the bottom of the screws getting caught on the bobbin thread ?

Chris

BigJohn

Chris:
     Did you get your new servo motor and how do you like it, I expect you got that new model with the gear reduction built in.
                                  Big John

Mojo

I did get the servo at th start of this week and installed it right away. Thankfully Bob got it shipped out right away because I was getting extremely aggravated with the clutch motor. I got the chance to sew with it and it sews perfectly. I love that servo.

Bob shipped me the same servo that I have on my Chandler. I believe he said they quit making that particular model ( figures ). I have had excellent luck with it and love the dial on the front to adjust the speed. Thankfully he still had a few in stock.

That motor is so quiet and on its low setting makes doing corners etc. a piece of cake. Life is good with a servo. :)

Chris

christwo

How much did you pay for that Mojo?

Mojo

I need to go back and look. I forgot what Bob charged me now. I just asked him if he had that Servo and when he said yes I said ship it. :) I think it was $ 135 or 139.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why they discontinued that particular servo. It is one of the easiest to use and Bob said he has had excellent luck with it. It has held up extremely well for his other customers.

I didn't want one that adjusts at the motor. This one has a separate box that faces the operator with a simple dial to adjust the speed. Next to that is a fuse and an on/off switch. It also comes with the remote on/off switch mounted next to the operator.  Great set-up and as I said earlier is very quiet.

Someone on here posted last year sometime that they went from the clutch to servo motor and seen a big difference in their electric bill. Makes sense since the clutch motor runs the whole time. The servo runs only when you press the pedal. :)

Chris

Toledo Mach. Sales

Yes,we still have a few like Chris bought left,we also have a D.C.Servo w/a Digital readout that goes down to 100 rpm, for the same price of $135.00
+  ups.
Bob
Toledo Ind Sewing Mach Sales
1-866-362-7397
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

christwo

I think I may be having to get one them soon.  I have never used a servor motor before, but it took me a bit of time to get the control of a clutch motor dialed, and still sometimes it is easy to get away from ya. I will say this though, once I had the clutch motor dialed, I became a much smoother driver as well! ha.

Toledo Mach. Sales

These servos are alot more controllable than a clutchmotor as a matter of fact we hardly sell a machine anymore w/a clutchmotor.
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

August 20, 2011, 09:17:50 am #53 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:25:25 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Don't leave me out of the servo motor party either; http://www.mcssl.com/store/keysew/parts/industrial-sewing-machine-motors

Recently updated BTW

BigJohn

Chris:
      With the wheeled table and the servo installed I'd be interested in seeing a picture of your "new family member".

Mojo

I will have to get one and post it for you John.

Chris

Mojo

Quote from: christwo on August 19, 2011, 04:52:28 pm
How much did you pay for that Mojo?

I forgot to add, if you do get a servo try and get one with the control panel that points towards you. If you look at some of the motors on Greg's site you will see some with the control box mounted under the motor. The ones without have the speed adjustment located on the motor itself and I believe that little knob is located on the end of the motor on the end housing ( left side ). It is hidden from view in the picture.

These are a PITA to adjust because it is hidden from view. I love my motor because the speed adjustment is easy to see and has easy access. I will sometimes reach down and adjust the speed to a lower setting when stitching a certain portion of a project then reach back down and turn it back up once I am past the bad spot. Very simple.

If its mounted on the control panel like mine it is easy to see and adjust. If it is on the end of the motor hidden from view then your going to have to get out of your chair and find it and adjust it, especially if your right handed.

Greg's picture didn't show the end of the motor so here is one that does so you can see what I am talking about. ( Page down a little to the motor description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONSEW-CSM-550-Sewing-Machine-Electronic-Servo-Motor-/260836364879?pt=BI_Textile_Equipment&hash=item3cbb0f124f#ht_2744wt_952

This is identical to the one I just bought from Bob and the same one I have on my Chandler. Notice the control panel is right on the front as is the fuse and secondary on/off switch. This makes it so much easier to adjust speeds versus getting on your hands and knees trying to find that little knob on the end of the motor on the other types of servos. I can reach down and turn it and because it has a positive click for each adjustment I can " feel " my way through it. I do not have to lean down. It is quick and easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SILENT-SERVO-INDUSTRIAL-SEWING-MACHINE-MOTOR-LOOK-/360213517178?pt=UK_Crafts_Knitting_Crochet_EH&hash=item53de66137a#ht_951wt_1185

So my suggestion is go with a servo with a forward facing control panel that has the speed adjustment mounted towards you.

Chris

BigJohn

Mojo:
     Gregg sold me one that looked like that, it was called "Eagle" hence my post "The Eagle has Landed" when I received the eagerly awaited shipment from him. Unfortunately He stopped selling it several weeks later.

christwo

Good to know, because I must admit that is one of the appealing factors is the easily accessible speed control.

Mojo

I am to old to be crawling around underneath there to find that button on the end of the machine. It is in an awkward position I think. :)

The control box in the front is awesome. I love it. The machine in the E-Bay ad above is the exact one that I got from Bob and I can vouch for the motor. I have had great service with both of these motors. But like I said, Bob only has a couple left and he cannot get anymore. :( If you want one you better hurry. :)

Chris