Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:35:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Added a Juki to the Family

Started by Mojo, August 10, 2011, 07:40:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

VeI've got a " N" model I've used some singer parts on it

It will take larger bobbing  u and m I think the m was bigest   
I'm. Just used to the g bobbins with my singer

Mojo

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on August 11, 2011, 10:03:26 am

Now I think about it, I DO remember seeing some of the honey color N models.  Again, I haven't seen hundreds of these N models flying around.  The white are the newer ones, but again, I think I remember the white ones being the ones showing up with out of the box problems.  

Were the white ones Japanese made or Chinese made ? Or are all the Juki's made in Japan ? I know my N model is Japanese made but was wondering about the rest.

Chris

Mike8560

I've got a 263N that's white it's tag says made in Japan also

gene

Hello,

I have a Juki L-562. Now, I know what you L-563 guys are thinking, but it's not the size of the bobbin that counts, it's what you can do with it.  ;D

I oil my machine each time I sit down to sew. I oil all the red holes.

Do I need to ever oil anything under the machine? My manual indicates places to oil underneath but it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Thank you,

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: gene on August 11, 2011, 05:56:52 pm

Do I need to ever oil anything under the machine? My manual indicates places to oil underneath but it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Thank you,

gene

Yes, of course you do.  Hook, hook driving gear, anything that looks like it moves.  Some oil holes down there, too.  Also open up the face plate cover, as well, and do the same. 

gene

Thanks Gregg, I'm glad I asked. And I will take the time to figure it out and oil away.

I think that I assumed that since I didn't fully understand the diagram, it must not be important. Wow. How many times does this faulty logic cause problems?

gene

sofadoc

Hey Gene, did you ever solve that "gathering" problem?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Oil every four hours of use or if machine has sat idle for some time.

All Lu 563 are made in Japan, as well as 1508 and 1541 series.  Some juki are made in China today, all are clearly marked as to country of manufacture. 

christwo

Not that it is relevant to anything but just curious, Greg do you know how much the 562 weighs? I seen in the features page for the 280L its gross weight is 35.2 kg (about 78 pounds) and I just wanted to know how the 562 compares but cannot find its weight in the owners manual.

Mojo

They all weight alot. Enough to give you a hernia anyways...:)

It is going to be close to 48 KG. The newer 1508 weighs 48 kg and that is the later 563 model.

Chris

christwo

August 12, 2011, 11:09:35 am #25 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:12:05 am by christwo
Oh boy! lol. Yeah I wondered just because I always was curious how much it weighed after having to carry it about 200 feet from the car to my shop! Wow that is significantly lighter then the Nakajima 280L (DNU-241 as well I imagine)

sofadoc

I never weighed them, but I've toted them, and I would guess that my 1508 head weighs almost twice as much as my old 562 head .
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

I can't carry the head for my 1541-N-7.  I could handle the 562, but I won't even attempt to move the 1541 alone. 

BigJohn

August 12, 2011, 01:42:25 pm #28 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:43:59 pm by BigJohn
Chris looks to me like you did good!

gene

Sofadoc,

My gathering problem appears to be caused by running too light a fabric on the machine. When I hand turn the wheel, the foot that goes up in the air and then comes back toward the operator pulls the thread back toward the operator a bit, and this causes the fabric to be pulled back toward the walking foot.

On thicker fabric, vinyl, or leather, I can see the thread tighten, but the fabric does not pull back with the foot.

My other machine, a Zoje 8500, which is the same as a Juki 8500 straight stitch, I can sew leather and silk with no problem, just a bit of changing the thread tension. Occasionally I will need to use a thinner needle and thinner thread.

gene