Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:26:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

need vendor for light green vinyl top

Started by Uncle Lar, August 16, 2011, 09:48:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Lar

I need to find a vendor who has a light green vinyl top, or sells the vinyl, for a 1978 cadillac.  Owner wants it as close to original as possible.  Its one of those colors that probably wasn't real popular back them, and is harder to find now.  I've tried Kee auto top, but they don't have anything close enough.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

christwo

Something along these lines?
http://www.douglassfabrics.com/upholstery/searchPattern.php?page=120&num=120&category=Vinyl&patternName=&patternType=&patternScale=&fabricType=&contLookup=&colorClass=Greens&displayFlame=&other=&itemNumber=5891-616

The green for that year came in 2 shades, seamist being the lightest, and basil being the darker of the two.

Hope that helps a bit, I have not personally used that distributor, but don't have that shade of green in any of my vendor sample books. Good luck.

christwo

As a matter of fact, going through some of my samples from Scott Foam and Fabrics out of Memphis, Tennessee I found a green vinyl as you described. If you want I will give you the product number.

Uncle Lar

Sure, that would be great.  I'd be glad to check out any leads on this project.  Thanks.

christwo

Vendor: Scott Fabrics. www.scottfabrics.com (800) 238-7466, 2790 Broad Ave. Memphis, TN. 38112

PATTERN: Soft Style
Color: SS-10 SAGE

That should be close to what your looking for, great pricing also.  They are a wholesale only vendor though if I am not mistaken. If you do not wish to set up an account, I can help you get what you need.

Uncle Lar

Sorry for the slow reply, been away from the computer.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for the info!