Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:12:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Word Association Game

Started by byhammerandhand, January 04, 2015, 03:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

January 04, 2015, 03:19:04 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:19:28 pm by byhammerandhand
Let's try the word association game !

The rules are simple. It starts with a single word, and you respond with a single associated word.  For instance, if the word is "hot", the next person could respond with "rod", and the next could respond with "fishing" and so on. Easy ?

If you've read this far, you might as well play [umm, yes, this would fall in the not important and not urgent quadrant]

Now, just type in a single word associated with the last word and let's see how many associations we can make.

So.. here's the first word:

Upholstery
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

sofadoc

Mike

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

Darren Henry

Land

Local fabric shop called fabricland.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Virgs Sew n Sew

streetwalker (think Eddie Murphy SNL - Velvet Jones - "You too can be a ho")

sofadoc

January 05, 2015, 06:25:37 am #10 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:38:22 am by sofadoc
OK, I'm confused.............Time Out!!

Are we supposed to give a word that normally follows the previous word in a sentence or phrase? Ex. HOT ROD

OR........can we pick a word that merely reminds us of something associated with the previous word or phrase? Ex. HO  STREETWALKER

Actually, you guys may have just re-written history. Perhaps when Chris Columbus peered through his telescope, he was announcing to his crew that the first 2 things he saw were soil and a prostitute.

I'm ready to throw a flag on SteveA. Unless he has a serious rodent problem in his shop, I don't see how you go from "mice" to "fabric".

Anxiously awaiting a ruling from His Grand High Exalted Hammerness.

Rant over........Time back in (pick up with "Streetwalker")

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Virgs Sew n Sew

Man, it would be so easy to go back to the first word.  However:

recover

Virginia

byhammerandhand

Any kind of "association" - part of a phrase, synonym, homonym, related, adjective-noun, adverb-verb, subject-verb, verb-object, etc.

recover -> economy
Keith

Virgs Sew n Sew