Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:48:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What's your record?

Started by gene, February 13, 2015, 06:05:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I made 20 yards of double welt cord yesterday for 10 dining room chairs. I think this is my all time record.

49 yards of single welt cord for a sofa, loveseat, ottoman, and pillows all in the same fabric, a few years back.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I don't remember how much it was, but over 20 years ago I made DW for a lady that was padding and covering just about every wall in her huge home. It seemed like I made enough to wrap around the house 3 or 4 times.

But since I made it in several installments, I'm not sure if I ever did 20 yards in one sitting.

So therefore, since I don't have proper documentation...........I bow to you.........Oh DW king!

I could probably challenge that SW record also. But again, Can't say for sure.

The only record that I boldly stake a claim to is:
Most batons found in a sofa (5). The family had 3 daughters on the high school drill team.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

QuoteI bow to you.........Oh DW king!

Being new to texting I have been making an attempt to learn texting shorthand. My first thought on your comment SoFaD was "How does he know that I don't give a rat's a$$ about anything?

DW means Don't Worry in cyber texting.

But, having realized that I am currently on my computer and not on my sell phone, you probably meant something else.

Yes, double welt cord king. With tired hands.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!