Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:52:12 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

1 more day

Started by Mike, December 20, 2012, 05:17:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Left to see if the myans were right. Ive got to go do some patterns todays to beat a coldfront just uncase were still here.

byhammerandhand

Just in case, it's be nice knowing you all.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

If the Mayans were so smart they would still be alive today.

I'm surprised our government didn't try to raise taxes on this 'Mayan' thing. They do on every other doomsday fairytale.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Joys Shop

Shees

Everyone's been talking about the Mayan thing like there's no tomorrow

JDUpholstery

noone ever figured that when your limited by the area on a stone that eventually they would run out room, and no reason to start another one...since they had a few thousand years covered!

Mike

sofadoc

They recently discovered a second Mayan calendar that picks up where the first one left off. Funny, you don't hear much about that one. I guess it just doesn't make for as good a story.
The end was supposed around 5 AM central time (guess the Mayans had time zones, too). I'm going to give it 'til the end of the day. If I'm still here, I'll go ahead and start that gathered/tufted leather recliner that I been puttin' off.

Nostradamus' predictions for the end ran out in '99, but I see now that everyone has figured out a way to re-interpret them. Maybe I'll bone up on his predictions before I start that recliner. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

QuoteMaybe I'll bone up on his predictions before I start that recliner.

Just suck it up muffin! 8)Yes the project sucks, but the world is not going to end. I owe too many people too much money  ;D.Hell I still haven't shot that fat bullying bipolar son of a retard that signs my signs my cheque (which would be a Christmas present to all the staff),because I wouldn't be so lucky as to die today.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

JuneC

Quote from: Darren Henry on December 21, 2012, 04:00:33 pm
QuoteMaybe I'll bone up on his predictions before I start that recliner.

Just suck it up muffin! 8)Yes the project sucks, but the world is not going to end. I owe too many people too much money  ;D.Hell I still haven't shot that fat bullying bipolar son of a retard that signs my signs my cheque (which would be a Christmas present to all the staff),because I wouldn't be so lucky as to die today.

What you'se guys talking 'bout?  The world was apoptaliptacated at 11 am today!  Central Standard Time.   ;D

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

gene

The Mayans had two calendars. One was the yearly 365 day calendar adjusted for the fact that it takes 385.2420 days for a full year.

They had a second calendar, their sacred calendar, that was 260 days long. Why the obsession with a 260 day calendar? One thought is that this was the time it took Venus to circle the earth. And there is mounting evidence that Venus may not have been in it's current orbit as a planet, but may have been a comet running around in our galaxy. 

Anyway, the Mayan calendar goes up to our year 4772. Let's start panicking now, just in case that's the actual end of the world.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/daily-tpod/

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!