Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pontoon reclining seats

Started by SHHR, February 28, 2011, 12:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SHHR

Does anyone have a supplier for just the frame and foam on reclining type seats you see mounted on newer pontoons?

A customer brought me a used  Skeeter pontoon that he just bought and wants a new cover and some freshening up on the interior. It has the helms chair, a small L-shaped couch and 4 fold down fishing seats at each corner of the boat. He's considering replacing the two front fishing seats with the high back bucket seat recliners and those being larger will change the fit of the cover, so I'm working up some estimates to see what he wants to do. I can buy the pre-covered seats for around $400 each, but it won't match the existing interior. So I thought I'd try to find some bare frames and foam that I can cover to match the other seats. I don't think price is too big of an issue so I'm exploring all options. These type of seats appear to be the same as used in RVs and conversion vans. I can get seat frames for street rods and customs from Wise Guy's , but thought one of you guys may know of a supplier for boats that may be cheaper.
Thanks,
Kyle