Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:33:23 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sewing top gun

Started by fragged8, August 30, 2010, 01:26:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Ive top stitched from the bottom Rich with no trouble.

Good luck with your case.

ps i had to google barister  :D

fragged8

hiya

Heres the result of top sewing topGun from the inside ..

much better, thanks for your help guys n gals  ..i really appreciate it

PDQ

That looks a lot better, Rich.  8)
Another thing that you may find helpful is to change your method of sewing the panels together. Currently you start by sewing the wings and aft pocket to the top panel before the front panel. Try reversing this process by sewing the front panel to top first and then sew the wings & AFT pocket on last so that the aft seam extends to the outer edge instead of the other way around.  By doing so you'll get a much more even pull on the aft seam which will also pull the fwd seam in the direction it wants to go.

JuneC

Now that looks terrific, Richard.  8)  Such an improvement. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

fragged8

thanks guys , those pesky wrinkles keep me awake at night hehe

Sewing it in your order Jerry means you have to sew around a 90 deg turn doesn't it ?
but if the main bow was in the other direction it would have to be sewn that way . ?

R.A.F. CaNvAs

Sewing it in your order Jerry means you have to sew around a 90 deg turn doesn't it ?
but if the main bow was in the other direction it would have to be sewn that way . ?

[/quote]

Just what I thought also dude....
Then again I couldn't see anything wrong with the first one you made
except it was green ! :'(

fragged8

hehe it's those strange fishermen they love the green..

first one fitted ok but if it has wrinkles i'm not putting my name on it
they drive me nuts ..

Rich

Mike8560

rich it looks like you aded a rear cover that wasnt in the firt pics looksl like you didnt zippere it to the side also. any other angle that show it? did you close up the dodger to keep stuff dry/warm?

PDQ

Quote from: R.A.F. CaNvAs on September 12, 2010, 12:22:16 pm

Just what I thought also dude....
Then again I couldn't see anything wrong with the first one you made
except it was green ! :'(

Sorry, I didn't think that I needed to explain that it also had to cut differently so that the aft seam went to the outer edge instead.

fragged8

hehehe   .

we went through this a couple of days  ago, it's because i made the main bow stack
in the wrong direction so that the jaw slide ends up on top of the stack and doesn't dig into the
GRP when the cover is down.

I always appreciate the input though.

Rich

PDQ

September 13, 2010, 01:54:24 am #26 Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:58:40 am by PDQ
Quote from: fragged8 on September 13, 2010, 12:41:40 am
hehehe   .

we went through this a couple of days  ago, it's because i made the main bow stack
in the wrong direction so that the jaw slide ends up on top of the stack and doesn't dig into the
GRP when the cover is down.

I always appreciate the input though.

Rich

Why would that have any revelance to the design of the hood when considering that the seams would still follow the frame apart from approx 4" to the outer edge?

Grebo

Great improvement there Rich, well done.
I haven't used Top Gun so making notes here  ;D

Peppy

Nice! Couldn't ask for better! Now you need to find something to do with the other tarp. Like an awning over your back door? A hut for a lawn mower? Dog house?
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Miami Mike

Rich, send the Top Gun pictures in. For the Miami Contest. You could win.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna