Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:21:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Stalled !!!!

Started by Mojo, June 14, 2010, 06:34:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

My new upholstery shop is at a stand still at the moment.

I managed to get the wall erected, wired, insulated, two storage closets built and everything the drywall installed. All that is left is the dreaded mudding, sanding and trim. I also need to get the overhead lights wired as well and the ceiling insulated. . All the wall outlets are installed and working great.

The reason for the halt in work is because I just started chemo today so progress on the shop is going to go REAL slow. I plan on doing a little each week until my body adjusts to the chemo drug. Until then I plan on catching up on some paperwork, movies, sleep and other little projects that allow me to sit at a desk or in my recliner and do them. :)

My shipment of the drug came in a week ago and by all indications after the first injection it is some very strong stuff. Thankfully I have enough pain killers to get me through the first couple months. Nothing like living life in a drug induced coma.......LOL. The good news is the installation of my jacuzzi tub is finished so that will help tremendously with the bone marrow pain.

This down time will give me a chance to design the layout of the room, tables, fabric racks, etc. as well as get some much needed rest. I will get some pictures up of the shop when I get the chance.

Everyone have a great week.

Chris

regalman190

Hey Chris. Chemo is a very nasty thing to endure. I watched my daughter go through it. So by all means, get the rest you need. The shop will be there when you're stronger. Sounds like you got quite a bit done already.

Hang in there!

Joe
Regal Canvas

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Take it easy, and let us know how you are feeling.

NDAV8R

Hey there Chris:
WOW, deja vu is setting in! I know right now what you are thinking, cause I went through it 2 years ago with tonsil cancer! I never had any chemo, but 7 weeks of radiation every day! Not very fun at all. But you are doing the right thing and talking about it. That in alone is theraputic. Stay on top of it, have trust in you doctors and GOD! You WILL BELEIVE when the unexplainable things take place!
Send me a PM if you want...I try to answer when I can.
  I am not out of the woods yet, but I see only a few trees ahead of me!

Gale Hansen...Cancer Survivor
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

fragged8

hiya

Don't over do it Mojo, it sounds like you work harder than me and i don't have
to endure the chemo.

I hope it all goes well m8, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

you're not alone, i got a call from my pal Dave in Buffalo, NY ( patchwork canvas n here )
he got taken to hospital and had his gall bladder taken out on saturday.  OuCH!!

Anyway what the hell is Mudding ?

lruthb

I applaude you for keeping yourself going but...eat and rest too!

fragged
Mudding is driving thru mud puddles with four wheelers out side.
It's filling spaces/ imperfections between the sheets of sheet rock inside. Then sand it all pretty!

Saddleman

Adult time outs sure stink!  God speed to feeling better and getting back to it.

Mike8560

June 14, 2010, 07:15:19 pm #7 Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:21:33 pm by Mike8560
I wish I was closer chris Ive got allot of experence with taping

Rickster

We'll all be here waiting to see those pics of the grand opening when you finish.

R

JuneC

Sounds like a nasty spell ahead of you.  Hang in there and join us on the board when you can.  You shop will wait.  Your homework task while your body is not cooperating is to use the noggin to design the next best solar shade.  You're not done with improvements yet, are you?  We'll be pulling for you!

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Cheryl

Gee, I hate to hear this Chris..    I will do the only thing I can do...  keep ya covered in prayer. :-)

Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

Kathy0701

Prayers from here too, Chris.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

hdflame

Hey Chris, hang in there dude!  Get plenty of use out of that recliner and don't forget to stop by the board when you feel like it!

Can't wait to see some pics of the shop.

Good luck buddy!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

baileyuph

Stalled but not stopped,  hang in friend, your on our minds.

Doyle

hidebound

I think we started our shop projects about the same time, It sounds like you have gotten more done on yours than I have on mine. That project will keep for a while. seems you have some good friends here on the forum. I will also be thinking of you and I hope to hear from you soon.