Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The customer is always right?

Started by Peppy, June 04, 2010, 05:15:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

Yah, yellow and black looks pretty cool, and maybe a camperback attached to a camperback is a great idea.....

...but his boat is red, right?

(next year he'll want to enclose the swimplatform I just know it.)
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike8560

Well thats the first top for a swimplatform ive seen. reminds me of this guy i had a red top on a blue vessel. come on. I think your top was more pratical though. ;D

hdflame

He'll definitely be able to pick his out at the marina! ;D

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Peppy

Wow Mike, thats some top! Never seen the like actually. What is it, 18" wide? Must give lots of shade, eh? On the equator. At noon. Still, I imagine they loved it and paid.

"Oh yeah, that sure was a great idea you had. Everyone in the marina will want one now. You've revolutionized the whole industry with your brilliance. Please make the check payable to....."

byhammerandhand

It's a wind-powered back up propulsion device?

Quote from: Peppy on June 05, 2010, 06:32:37 pm
Wow Mike, thats some top! Never seen the like actually. What is it, 18" wide? Must give lots of shade, eh? On the equator. At noon. Still, I imagine they loved it and paid.

"Oh yeah, that sure was a great idea you had. Everyone in the marina will want one now. You've revolutionized the whole industry with your brilliance. Please make the check payable to....."
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

JuneC

Quote from: byhammerandhand on June 05, 2010, 07:24:49 pm
It's a wind-powered back up propulsion device?

Hey, don't laugh at that.  I once sailed about 5 miles home after an engine overheated using a bimini top.   

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

Nice top Peppy. Where the flaps come down over the windows; do you velcro them to the windows?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Peppy

Thanks Darren! No velcro on the flaps just on the "U-ies" (the ears that cover the zipper starts/stops)

SHHR

After last night I feel I have to add to this post. I received a call about reupholstering a boat, and since we were near there I decided to go ahead and look at it to save a trip later this week. Anyway, I didnt get the year or make, but it's definatley an older mid to late 70's model (The brown and white hull, brown and cream vinyl, and shag carpet in the cabin gave it away). The owner wants a few things "freshened up" in it like two seats down in the cabin that double as coolers, the side pads up in the hull, console and dash pads. He went on to ask for a quote to do everything in the boat, so I worked up something quick on the spot. Then he said "well how about pricing these items then in a few weeks we'll do these seats, then in a few more we'll do these. I told him it'll cost more that way and he was ok with it.

But here's the real kicker in why I'm writing on this post. He want's the side pads, console, and dash all covered in Black and Orange and the seats done in the cream with orange inserts in them. I immediatley thought well....... the customer is always right........., But Good Lord the thing will look like the great Pumkin, Charlie Brown!

Kyle

Jim101

Peppy

*update*
This just in!

Rest easy folks! It's a red boat no longer! He got to it over the weekend with his paint brush and it's now a yellow boat! All who have seen it since say it indeed was painted by brush.

Oh ya, and that now it's yellow.

Can-Vas

I was going to say it looked like an ice cream cone with ketchup and mustard....
but now it looks like lemon custard.

Hey, I'm a poet & didn't know it!!     :D
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Mike8560

I once painted a boat with a brush I used interlux interthane plus epoxie I don't think they still male it but after rolling it on and tipping it off with a brush the paint layed out flat and looks
like gelcoat when it dried the pait was red also and lasted
the 12 years I owned it.

Eric

All I can say, is at least some of you folks get exciting jobs. Me linen tweed, linen tweed, linen tweed and black. I would like to get yellow or orange, something exciting.
Eric

Peppy

Mike- I think they still make that paint. I've seen people use it with great results. This guy was looking for FAST results. I'm not sure what kind of paint he used. Probably house paint.

Eric- It was black, black, black, linen tweed, black all winter long. I'm doing a flybridge now. Guess what colour? BLACK! (I hear it's the new black)