Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

An experience - reupholstering Laz-boy items made with higher technology

Started by baileyuph, August 08, 2018, 07:30:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

The Laz-boy items I am doing now are amazing items to do when studying their technology used
compared to my shop technology.

This furniture is about 20 years old (+-), but during all the phases I have gone through (tear down,
patterning, cutting & sewing, the main things noticed are their equipment is a few steps advanced
to mine. 

They are in the digital patterning world - the cutting & sewing processes - and overall work so far ahead
of me it becomes a spectacular experience to follow such.

They utilize differential feed on all most every seam to achieve certain effects - very humbling to say
the least.

One important thing rises in my mind - how are upholsters going to be able to cope with these differences in "small shop work" v/s their "factory capabilities?  Don't forget, the technology used by
Laz-boy is probably over 20 years old.  That factory capability noted-- leads my thinking about what their current technology has to offer?  Plenty more I am sure.

More digital services and capabilities I am sure! 

Doyle