Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 10:11:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Its tough living in Florida

Started by kodydog, February 16, 2014, 06:10:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

It's much nicer up north - snow melted already -

Darren Henry

I could send you some from up here---duty free.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

February 16, 2014, 10:42:56 am #3 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:44:39 am by Mike
kody that dangerous talk
rich in England called me yesterday on facebook Skype webcam on my laptop just when I was out back on my patio lol

byhammerandhand

OMG, lows in the mid-40s!?!    Break out the mukluks.

I was in Austin about 12 years ago for Thanksgiving week.   We went to San Antonio one day to do the river walk.   We were dressed in sweatshirts or light jackets.   A couple of the shops said, "No one is out shopping or eating out today, it's just way too cold."

I was in Orlando WDW a couple of years ago in early December.   It was quite cold there, in the mid-30s.   Tried to find sweat shirts for the adults (all they had was just slightly heavier than a t-shirt) and mittens for the three year old grand kids -- there were exactly two pair left at Target and one pair for my wife and daughter to share.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike

Hammer I took my son 24 year ago to Disney  Orlando I winter actually left NH in a snowstorm I ended up in moon boots walking the tarmack in GA on a contector. we stayed at the resort and at night went to the pool it was like a cool summer day in new England but the lifguards had sweaters and gloves as did the captians of th river taxis going to the nightclubs at night .

gene

February 17, 2014, 05:31:55 am #6 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:35:03 am by gene
Each year I dislike winter a bit more.

Friday I took off work a few hours early, got home, and watched the snow fall from the comfort of my living room for the rest of the day. I would miss watching the snow fall if I lived down south.

If I retire to Florida or some other part of the deep south, I think each year I would crank up my AC and pay someone to take a bag of feathers up on my roof and gently toss them off over my sliding glass doors so I could sit there and watch "the snow fall".

I could save some money by collecting a few dead birds from the roadway and having that person pluck the feathers from those birds up on my roof. When I saw a couple of plucked birds pass my windows and hit the ground I would know she was done.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

February 17, 2014, 06:35:26 am #7 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:36:29 am by kodydog
For sale.

1600 sf house on 10 acres in beautiful rural north Florida. Includes 800 sf upholstery shop. Rarely snows. I'll supply the feathers. :D
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

Quote from: gene on February 17, 2014, 05:31:55 am
Each year I dislike winter a bit more.

Friday I took off work a few hours early, got home, and watched the snow fall from the comfort of my living room for the rest of the day. I would miss watching the snow fall if I lived down south.

gene

Gene  I know what you mean I used to like when it snowed at night the sound of sleet pelting on the windows and the muffled sond of the plow speeding along my rural route outside and then the flashing orange light. as a kid it meant no school probably and when I was older I could go snowmobiling tomorrow. I always like envning rain storms too still do and we get good ones here in the summer. oh btw I had the AC on today:)

MinUph

Snow is pretty when it first falls. Nothing else like it on the trees and wires. The problem with Snow is you have to move it. I had enough of that. Blow it in the morning b4 work, in the afternoon after work and during the day when I was home. And then by 10:00 AM the dirt in it takes all the beauty away.
  I don't miss it at all. It is terrible we have to live down here. I can't find a way to blow the sun. I miss my snow blower! Yea right !!

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Well this sucks. Blue skies, no clouds and 80 today.

Geeeessshhh its rough down here. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

My back yard Sunday A.M. My fire pit is a dryer drum [look under the piece of grill sticking out]. Today we went above freezing for a bit---but it will be short lived.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

beautiful sunrise today Darren then it hit 80* F

Darren Henry

:-* I love you like a brother; but, I hope both pups pee in your sandals LOL. 11.5ºF and windy right now. I laugh at Jenny stealing all the toys in the video---Train her and he will "get trained".

Regards to John and the "hounds", Have a great day!

gene

I should be at my studio now, working. But is was 8 degrees last night. I think I'll wait to go into work until it warms up a bit - like maybe the first of May.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!