Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 10:13:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Its tough living in Florida

Started by kodydog, February 16, 2014, 06:10:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Pull up roots and move on down...  It was 86 yesterday.  Looks like a repeat today.  This webcam is about 3 miles down the road from my house.

http://www.bocasurfcam.com/

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

March 04, 2014, 09:43:26 am #16 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:47:13 am by Mike
To intense sun to go topless today ;)

Hats whati did june after selli v my sleds and buting a motorhome i took my bikes down for a few months and acter 2 years i sold the bouse and moved my sewing machines. Didn k ow where id be or whan id get work  ut sbortly acter hirricane charley hot here and there was work up the wazoo

Darren Henry

Oh yeah!---well I can fish most parts of ANY local lake without worrying about "wave height", taking the boat, or my beer getting cold!  :P

;) As long as I invite my friend with the 4X4/snowmobile,my ice auger is long enough and we aren't 40 below windchills AGAIN---

??? Wait a minute----Let me get back to you about that ????
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

JuneC: Thanks for the web cam. It is beautiful!

I interviewed for a job in Florida many moons ago. I was told that it's very difficult to get a suntan from florescent lighting.  ;D

Here's the two webcams I have on my desktop.

Osprey nest on Sanibel Island: http://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/sanibel/osprey/

Caliumet, MI: http://www.mainstreetcalumet.com/Web_Cam/  This cam has been down since a few days before the CopperDog 150. Caliumet gets around 200" of snow each year.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

March 06, 2014, 06:48:33 am #19 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:13:24 am by Mike
Theres a street down here called calumet. It looks nothing like that all while  ;)

its quite a contrast in junes webcam the sand color east to west florida

this is the backside of Cayo Costa island

byhammerandhand

Here's the Calumet that Gene and I know:

Quote from: Mike on March 06, 2014, 06:48:33 am
Theres a street down here called calumet. It looks nothing like that all while  ;)

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

March 07, 2014, 06:53:41 pm #21 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:02:44 pm by kodydog
Quote from: JuneC on March 04, 2014, 07:05:36 am
Pull up roots and move on down...  It was 86 yesterday.  Looks like a repeat today.  
June

Spent several months in your neck of the woods several years ago. In my pop-up camper. Kayaking is great this time of year.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

Mike, the beach and boating is MUCH nicer on your coast.  And the people are more friendly.  But in the business we're in, the East Coast works best.  Ft. Lauderdale has the most convenient suppliers for boat refits.  If I were to do it all over, the West Coast is where I'd be. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

March 08, 2014, 01:21:27 pm #23 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 01:28:02 pm by Mike
but the people are cheaper  more frugal here june like the lower cost of living they wont spend the same as over there I had a guy today looking for a cover like he seen on a friend boat with a tag of mine I did about 6 years ago wanting a full morring cover in a 17; centerconsole , I said I can come out but ballpark is about $600 " oh I didn't figure that much "  but a guy I know who lives your way had a 20 ish cuddy wanted to replace his bimini canvas and windows he was quoted from a large shop in Riviera beach  just under 4k
you guys got it nice fishing though only a few mike offshore to deep water, I got tired or going 30 miles inly to see 50 60 feet snd the Bahamas's,   my boats previous owner used to take it over, something ill never do

Mike

June I forgot your right on stuff available last spring I drove over to the east cost and bought a newer motor for my boat nothing to find over here.

Mike

what a nice day , I was working patterning but the local beac was full of snowbirds soaking up some sun before they leave soon I had a customer this week who decided to say for april also due to the cold weather at home for him

gene

70 degrees two days ago. Went down to 14 degrees last night.

I wish our liberal democratic congress persons would hurry up and institute man made global warming taxes so we can get our weather back to the way it was.

gene

Darren Henry

Quotesnowbirds soaking up some sun before they leave soon I had a customer this week who decided to say for april also due to the cold weather at home for him

gene must have "willed" that weather up here. We've been melting for the better part of the week. Plus 6 or 41 above today, down to minus 2? or near 0 by tomorrow night, and not above freezing again till the end of next week.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Hang in there Darren spring around the corner.
I ised to go out behind the shop sere the  small river fed the lake  maybe 70' across a d with the help of the current break of large sections of pourus ice with a 2x4 and float them under the ice opening more water for april first salmon fishing.   I used to love it with the bait shop wed have fishermen shoulder to shoulder out back.   Then year by year less people. Even the derby turnouts diminished. To not a big deal at all crom me closing at 9pm opening at 4 am.
Now im down here.

gene

I heard Canada has 2 seasons: winter and construction.

I told my wife I'm really looking forward to complaining about how hot it is.

gene