Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 02:49:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Cutting Sunbrella for cushions

Started by cthomps, June 10, 2013, 08:45:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Quote from: Mojo on June 10, 2013, 02:52:49 pm
Suzi:

That is interesting. Never heard of machine washing acrylic awning material. Now I need to go try that. :)

Chris

It works fine for small stuff, just keep temp low ( below 30'C )
Obviously on something you don't want to remain water resistant or use the soap free tent products ( ie: grangers ).

Suzi

Mojo

Mike

a few months ago I did some enclosure work on a 55 hatteras.  now ive got to do some outside cushions a lounge on the bridge and a bench seat on the bow and storage box cushions  the owner chose a sunbrella striped awning pattern stating tomorrow fun stripe matching striped boxing also

Mike

here it is all done , back in oct I did s0me pilothouse screens  rear cockpit shade and some cabin headliner

now I made a lounge on the flybridge seat and back cushion 5" thick seat foam done with sunbrella striped awning canvas also a bench seat across the front of the cabin on the bow

screenshot captor
it was tricky with the matching stripeds on the boxing  but the backrest was installed with a track and the cushion rose above the cabin top a couple inches  so I also had stripes above the kedar on the back to match from the rear

screen grab
there were 2 storage boxes on the bow with matching upholstery also

imagen

it was just too hot for me to climb back up on the bridge but the bacrest was curved taller in fron lower at the rear with a snap flap on the top matching stripes also is was so hot after installing cover in the cockp[it for some wood I thought I was going to pass out

img

Mojo

Your a master Mike. Awesome work as usual.

Chris

Mike

July 13, 2013, 06:19:45 pm #20 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:54:28 pm by Mike
I made some cushion for my andriondak     chairs sunbrella red aruba and ive got one more to do in yellow

bobbin

I use the marine and awning weight acrylics for cushions all the time.  It softens up with use.  The "crazing" tends to show up more on certain colors than others, too. 

bobbin

I always cut with my hot knife.  On acrylics with a really soft hand or those that ravel really easily I'll run 'em through the overlock machine, instead. 

sofadoc

I'm using Webroot Security as my Anti-virus/spyware program.

When I click on Mike's pics above, I get a warning that says "This website contains malicious content that is a known threat, and has been blocked".

Anyone else getting a similar message?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Eric

Quote from: sofadoc on July 17, 2013, 05:23:48 am
I'm using Webroot Security as my Anti-virus/spyware program.

When I click on Mike's pics above, I get a warning that says "This website contains malicious content that is a known threat, and has been blocked".

Anyone else getting a similar message?

I'm running avast. Not seeing any problems.

MinUph

Works fine for me. No notices. I use Microsoft security SW. Free and the best I've found through the years.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

it was just photobucket sofa try postimage   they host a bigger pic anyway

sofadoc

July 17, 2013, 07:23:57 pm #27 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:40:54 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: Mike on July 17, 2013, 07:02:50 pm
it was just photobucket sofa try postimage   they host a bigger pic anyway
No, it was the postimage pics of the striped cushions that caused the warning. I can't even get on my own postimage account. I think my Webroot software is being over-protective.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban