Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:47:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

newby question on machine

Started by zach7399, May 07, 2012, 02:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDandJ

Good to know, Doc.  My Consew came out of a sewing factory and it had a 220 three phase motor on it.  I had to buy a new 110 motor.  Seems like I gave about $120 for it 8 to 10 years ago.  As slow as I am I'm sure my clutch motor will last forever but I'll keep the servo in mind.  Noiseless and vibrationless sure sound appealing.

forsailbyowner

My sewing improved drastically when I bought the servo motor. I purchased my machine off ebay and it was sent with a high speed motor that would literally shoot the material against the wall behind the machine! To go slow I had to feather the pedal, what a pita. the servo will sew very slowly when needed and is a dream. Energy savings are huge, I run the servo off my house battery bank (onboard sailboat)and it draws very little power.