Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:45:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

cold cold cold

Started by kodydog, January 03, 2012, 05:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Using the fireplace for the first time this year. Didn't get over 50* today and down to 24* tonight. Burrr!
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

Rned the heat on tonight. Not many times I'd it on heat rather then ac.
30•  out brrr probly ice in the birdbath

baileyuph

That does sound cold for Florida, it is typical of what we have had in St.Louis the past few days.  But, this morning we are experiencing what you typically get, 39 degrees

Go figure?

Oh well, the shop is swamped with work and it is warm in there.

Happy New Year to all!

Doyle

mike802

Down to 8 last night and this morning, that is right next to the house, which is usually about 5 degrees warmer than the actual temperature.  The hard part is it dropped from the mid 40s.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mojo

My remote weather station said 15 at 4 am when I got up to use the bathroom.

I had to winterize the bus to keep everything from freezing and run a heater in it last night. I am ready for 70 degree weather again as I have an outside job waiting.

Chris

bobbin

It was 6 degrees when the dog and I went out at 5AM this morning.  Some change from the high 40s of the weekend!  I have the heat in my shop set at 45 degrees and before last night it hadn't really come on  very much, at all. 

I goosed it to 62 this morning but didn't bother to light the stove since I wasn't going to be working here all day long. 

I worry about the produce growers in FL, they stand to lose an awful lot when the mercury plunges and stays down for some time.  At least up here we expect it to be cold; the husband was pretty happy to see that I brought up some wood for stove this morning!

CreativeCanvas

Yup we got about the same here Mike & KD. Don't think it broke 50 by much today and last night was down around 30. Brrr!

Call me a wuss but these ole FL bones don't work so good at them tempatures ...  Thankfully a buddy from the Classic Glastron Club was in town from MN so I got to play hooky. Sat in the cozy warm "End Zone" on 776 eating, drinking & bsing about old boats.

I prefer to refer to it as a "snow day" ...?

Doug

CreativeCanvas

January 04, 2012, 02:29:47 pm #7 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:38:59 pm by CreativeCanvas
Quote from: bobbin on January 04, 2012, 01:50:42 pmI worry about the produce growers in FL, they stand to lose an awful lot when the mercury plunges and stays down for some time
True. And a legitimate concern, but this one shouldn't be a big deal. The icy north wind has died way down so it should start warming up a lil bit soon.

Tell ya what always catches my attention is when we get these cold snaps we also get super low tides. I'm sure there's a meteorological explanation for this but it never ceases to amaze me.

Stay warm y'all!

Doug

Mike

i was measuring for a top on a 38 chriscraft yesterday i had to climb dond to it it was aboput 3' below the dock and resting on bottom.

Mojo

Mike: Did you see that the famous Pirate ship in Tampa ran aground last weekend on New Years ? I heard they sent another boat out to gather the 100 plus people and that ran aground as well.

Chris

MinUph

Very cold indeed. 27 when I left this morning at 7:00. Got pretty nice during the day but its back down there again tonight. I guess that will be it for awhile.

Speaking of the tides! Has anyone noticed the tide charts are wrong lately. I went out last weekend at like 1:00  and high tide was suppose to be around 3 but the tide was real low and still going out. Talked to the owner where I keep the boat and he said they were talking about that earlier. I guess the charts aren't always a good reference.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Y'all know I would I normally be POOH WOOING a thread like this as we would be - 25 º C overnight and -teens day time. ( 30 and forty BELOW aren't unheard of this time of year either) but we are having the same weather as you in my little corner of the great white north. Yesterday's high was + 5 º (around 38º F) and tomorrow is suppost to 6. At three this afternoon the snow (what there is left of it) was melting 3 hours + north of the 49 th. When I got home at 6 it had just crossed to below freezing.

You might as well come up here for some ice fishing and a game of hockey.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

Looks like we'll be back in the 70's this weekend. Love Florida this time of year. The gods give us just a taste of winter then right back to perfect weather.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

It seemed Darren loke it was colder if it didnt snow, just freexing and bareground. made for some good ice though. been out ice fishing at all?

JuneC

Miserable... that's what it is.  I'm gonna have to move south.  Thankfully, it doesn't last and serves to make me appreciate all the nice weather we get. 

Darren, looks like you got all the snow last year, eh?  Guess that'll have to do you snowbirds for a year or two.  Crazy weather patterns. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields