Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:22:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

cold cold cold

Started by kodydog, January 03, 2012, 05:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

January 05, 2012, 04:56:20 pm #15 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:04:46 pm by Darren Henry
Quotebeen out ice fishing at all?

No and it ticks me off;I bought a gas auger this summer and have replaced all the toys I gave away when I gave up my shop, but ice is sketchy and my truck is still back in Kenora (on blocks). I don't know these little lakes around here yet but once we get enough ice for the ice roads I'll be heading back to Kenora. March is always the best month there.

Darren, looks like you got all the snow last year, eh?  Guess that'll have to do you snowbirds for a year or two.  Crazy weather patterns.  

No kidding! Last winter I had to staple a ski to the crotch of my snow suit to get to the car. That resulted in a flood last spring that was unprecedented in 300 years. Yesterday I was doing mobile repairs along the south and east sides of Riding Mountain National Park. On top of the Manitoba escarpment (Riding Mountains) there was just enough snow to operate a snow mobile and when I got down on the east side the fields were completely bare. Those fields had dried out to almost drought conditions by fall. Without that snow cover WHEN the real cold comes : frost goes way deep way quick and sewer and water lines freeze, fall rye and winter wheat pass from dormant to dead, and next spring there will not enough moisture to germinate crops.

As far as how crazy: Normals today ( in Celsius/centicrade) are - 22  and -12. WE broke the 198? record at +6.9 official but the radio station claimed 10. That is fifty-ish ºF. Minot N.D was 14 C or 54º at one point.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

BigJohn

Quote from: kodydog on January 03, 2012, 05:50:55 pm
Using the fireplace for the first time this year. Didn't get over 50* today and down to 24* tonight. Burrr!

Here in Central Wisconsin when it gets real cold we avoid the fireplace because of all the heat it siphons out of the room.

kodydog

January 05, 2012, 06:15:26 pm #17 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:17:09 pm by kodydog
The doors on my fireplace are sealed. The fire draws fresh air from a vent through the flu and has a fan that forces hot air into the house. Plus I turn the heat pump down low when the fireplace is cranked up.

So whats the weather like in Ctr Wisconsin these days seen any snow yet. I was born on the other side of Lake Michigan. I remember walking to school uphill, 3 miles in 3' drifts. :)  
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Peppy

Quote from: kodydog on January 05, 2012, 06:15:26 pm
I remember walking to school uphill, 3 miles in 3' drifts. :)  

The 3 mile toboggon ride home must have awesome!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

kodydog

Nope. It was uphill both ways. :'(

Mike

you know what i dont miss Kpdy? how the bottom of your pamt got all snowy and froxe when you out sholveing and then when you came in they melted and were all wet. :'(

kodydog

Gotta stuff those pant legs into your boots. Then when you step into a drift the snow falls into them. Yuck!

BigJohn

Kodydog:
     We had a lot of wet slushy snow several weeks B4 Xmas it melted and we got snow a week before the big day. It's gotten down to -2 or so a couple of nights but yesterday and today we are in a warm up, low 40's not doing wonders for the ice fisherman and all the snowmobile trails are closed.

daveich

come on guys anything above 0 is warm last night was -40  a high for today -25 we will soon have it down to -50 to -60 but that only last for a week or so it will stay close to -40 for most of febuary. you lean to live with it and do not spend a lot of time out side. i just retired a few days a go and i want to get out of here down to some where warm like northern wisconson. don

Mike

Congradulations on detireing daveich. Where do you live that it's so cold ?

kodydog

Everyone retires in Florida Daveich. :D 55* at 9:30 PM. I'm planting 84 strawberries plants tomorrow.

Mike

SHHR

We were in Florida last week between Christmas and New Years. The coolest day was on Wednesday when we took the kids to Sea World. It made it to the mid 60s and you could tell I was the tourist. Everyone who was local was in jackets and hoodies while I'm walking around in short sleeves. We came back home to 28 degrees but has warmed to the 50s until next week when it cools again. I'm ready to move down there! My wife is from Tampa, shouldn't take too much convincing her either!
Kyle

Mike

Kyle one year when my son was small and I was living in new Hampshire we went to Disney world   We went to the resort pool at night probly like s summer night in NE low 60s.  The life gird girl was in a sweater and gloves ;) 

CreativeCanvas

It's referred to as "Fish Blood Syndrome" Mike. I've suffered from FBS for several years now. If it drops below 70 I'm looking for a sweatshirt ...

I once saw it snow in Jacksonville. Actually stuck for a couple hrs. Thought that was purty cool.