Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 11:28:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just for a laugh

Started by PDQ, August 26, 2011, 01:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PDQ

Hi all, it's been a while.  :)

Friday boredom set in, so I decided to mess about instead  ;D :

No youtube tags here  ::) , so here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5HhO3eVXBU

sofadoc

This is as good a place as any to put this one:

Definition of "Recession"       When your neighbor loses his job.
Definition of "Depression"     When YOU lose YOUR job.
Definition of "Recovery"         When OBAMA loses HIS job!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

sofadoc

One more:

Q: What is a blonde's idea of "safe sex"?
A: Locking the car door.

PDQ

Forgive me guys, I was intending this to be a lighthearted approach relating to our trade that may have kicked of some discussion from the content of the video, not some joke thread. I guess it's entirley my fault for using such an ambiguous subject title, but then again, since when has a good  subject title prevented off-topic discussion on this forum, eh?  :P However, seeing that the whole idea went down like a lead balloon, I'm thankful for the two replies. ;)

Peppy

Youtube won't work for me right now. I'm ever so curious.

On a related topic: how's the new digs PDQ? Settled in? Been a while, welcome back!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike8560

Didn't play for me either

Mojo

Quote from: PDQ on August 27, 2011, 06:21:51 am
Forgive me guys, I was intending this to be a lighthearted approach relating to our trade that may have kicked of some discussion from the content of the video, not some joke thread. I guess it's entirley my fault for using such an ambiguous subject title, but then again, since when has a good  subject title prevented off-topic discussion on this forum, eh?  :P However, seeing that the whole idea went down like a lead balloon, I'm thankful for the two replies. ;)

That guy measures, cuts and sews real fast. Do all Marine people work that fast ?  8)

I thought it was an interesting video and I do not even do Marine work. :) Thanks for posting PDQ
and welcome back.

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: PDQ on August 27, 2011, 06:21:51 am
Forgive me guys, I was intending this to be a lighthearted approach relating to our trade that may have kicked of some discussion from the content of the video, not some joke thread.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. The title just seemed like as good a place as any to shoehorn in a couple of jokes that I heard yesterday.
I did watch the video. It was too dizzying for me to comment as far as the technique goes. I'm a couch guy anyway, so I couldn't tell you if he was doing any of it right , or not.
But you're right. The subject title doesn't always assure that we'll stay on track. :D

Peppy

That was indeed pretty damn quick. I'd probably work that fast too if I had to listened to that tune all day. Do customers get to choose between 33 1/3 or binding spool radius?

Do you install them that fast too? Do we get to see that video next?
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

byhammerandhand

I like this version better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L1dFtSFukk&feature=related

I've seen Pepe Romero in concert a couple of times.  Though I have several of his albums, seeing him is person is amazing.  It is hard to believe all the music comes from five fingers on the strings and five on the frets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HliXdP1wODM&NR=1
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

Yea, so Pepe can play a little guitar. But can he sew???

I also am a fan of his, by the way.

PDQ: how long was that cutting process in real time. I do furniture so I wouldn't have a clue how long it takes to cut and sew a window like that.

Also, he either has his cutting table against the wall or he climbed up on the table so he could stay in the picture frame. At least he took his shoes off first.

Thanks for posting.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike8560

PDQs vedio didn't load for me.  Wish I could see it
I will hit full throutle somtime on a straight run binding  somtimes

Allan

One for the boaties amongst us

"How long have you been driving without a tail light?" asked the policeman after pulling over a motorist. The driver jumped out, ran to the rear of his car, and gave a long, painful groan. He seemed so upset that the cop was moved to ease up on him a bit. "Come on, now," he said, "you don't have to take it so hard. It isn't that serious."

"It isn't?" cried the motorist. "Then you know what happened to my boat and trailer?"

And another

A bum, who obviously has seen more than his share of hard times, approached a well-dressed yacht owner near the marina.

"Hey, buddy, can you spare five dollars?" The yacht owner responds, "You are not going to spend it on liquor are you?" "No, sir, I don't drink," retorts the bum.

"You are not going to throw it away in some card game, are you?" asks the yacht owner. "No way, I don't gamble," answers the bum. "

You wouldn't waste the money on diesel fuel, fancy electronics, or slip fees would you?" asks the man. "Never," says the bum, "I don't even own a boat."

The yacht owner asks the bum if he would like to come home with him for a home cooked meal. The bum accepts eagerly.

While they are heading for the man's house, the bum's curiosity gets the better of him. "Isn't your wife going to be angry when she sees a guy like me at your table?" "Probably," says the yacht owner, "but it will be worth it. I want her to see what happens to a guy who doesn't drink, gamble, or go sailing."

Allan

Mike8560

Where's  my boat ! :-X :D

Mojo

Quote from: Mike8560 on August 28, 2011, 06:57:12 am
Where's  my boat ! :-X :D

Where is my Hatteras Mike ? It seems you would have finished it by now. :)

Chris