Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 11:12:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just for a laugh

Started by PDQ, August 26, 2011, 01:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

QuoteI was intending this to be a lighthearted approach relating to our trade that may have kicked of some discussion from the content of the video, not some joke thread

A couple of things came to my mind as I finally got to view the video (which ends without showing the finished project or what the other pieces were for BTW)

>Like Gene , I'm saying move the table out from the wall  ???
>If you can't afford a beam compass or those tips from Lee Valley that go on your yardstick use a piece of string and a thumb tack before you experiment with every round object in the shop.
>Before you tape your window plastic or bug screen in place cut a hole in the piece your are about to discard so you can start cutting without nicking the screen behind
>most importantly-- never slam that many Red Bulls before work. You'll wind up with a needle through your finger  8) Right June?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

As soon as I seen him climb on top of his table I thought " Thank God I refuse Marine Work Jobs ". :)
My table would collapse with my fat butt on top of it.

It was interesting to watch though. :)

Chris

Mike8560

Good point Darren on the precuttinv thebscreen I lalway make a cut wether it's screen or if it's vinyl widow   
I wonder mug my phone won't open that vid.

PDQ

Quote from: Peppy on August 27, 2011, 11:15:03 am
That was indeed pretty damn quick. I'd probably work that fast too if I had to listened to that tune all day. Do customers get to choose between 33 1/3 or binding spool radius?

Do you install them that fast too? Do we get to see that video next?

Most go for the old 78's ;)

I was going to record every process but it was taking too long. You'll be surprised how much longer it takes when trying to do this work differently than you would normally, you really have to think about it. DH picked up on the failure to cut the window area before sewing and the funny back and forth to the store room to find a suitable curve for the window. :) DH get's 5 points for each find, well done mate, but there are still a few more to find. Anyone?

Move the bench? I would if I could, but I would lose too much room in doing so. Working on the bench doesn't bother me, as I'm used to working on my knees (sail loft environment).

Next time I install a sprayhood I'll record it. I've got one to fit on friday but it's a simple luff & track install so it wouldn't be worth it tbh.

Mike8560

August 31, 2011, 11:37:45 am #19 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:40:12 am by Mike8560
Quote from: Mojo on August 28, 2011, 07:17:58 am
Quote from: Mike8560 on August 28, 2011, 06:57:12 am
Where's  my boat ! :-X :D

Where is my Hatteras Mike ? It seems you would have finished it by now. :)

Chris
Piss and moan all The time
where's my check? 8)
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/Flybridge/100_0385.jpg

Mike8560

Quote from: PDQ on August 31, 2011, 08:20:10 am

a few more to find. Anyone?

funny it won't load for me I. An watch other you tubes
do you have a name for the vid mayby I could search you tube for it ? 

Mojo

Hey, that's my boat Mike. :)

You mean to tell me you didn't get my check ? I will have to mail another one out I guess. :)

I miss my Hatteras.

Chris

PDQ

Quote from: Mike8560 on August 31, 2011, 12:02:25 pm
Quote from: PDQ on August 31, 2011, 08:20:10 am

a few more to find. Anyone?

funny it won't load for me I. An watch other you tubes
do you have a name for the vid mayby I could search you tube for it ? 

Mike,
I've uploaded it again using a different format. With luck You'll be able to view it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb6m_cDmxTE

Mike8560

August 31, 2011, 04:30:15 pm #23 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:41:55 pm by Mike8560
Thanks but still no good here   Can you see  this one dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77v_Q0mhbZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

DBR1957

Funny, I use binding rolls and bend my rulers just like he does.
One major mistake though, he's sliding that window vinyl around
on an unprotected surface. Always, always lay something on the
table first. An old sheet or something.

To answer your question, I don't work that fast.

I gave a quote to someone a few years ago and he asked if I could
sew faster to cut down on the time. I had to laugh. I told him I sew
the correct speed to get the job done right.

Mike8560

Lol if I can do the job  faster it my savings.   

Mike8560

F you copy and post the link if you were to email the vid maybe I can see it that what I did with my vid post

kodydog

Hay Mike try this, type "you tube" in your browser. then type 'sphinxpdq' in the search window. When I did it his video was the fourth one down. Look for the picture of a red car on a race track, that's it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

kodydog

You were on RX8LM. Go down two more to Sphinxpdq.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html