Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:55:17 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

M Bobbin's

Started by Mojo, August 18, 2011, 03:04:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I do not know how many of you use the M type Bobbins but I ordered 100 of them and just got them today. They are the black slotted kind and are very well made ( not the cheap ones that some e-bay sellers peddle).

I will give you a hint. If your going to order these instead of hitting the " Buy " button select the " Make Offer " button instead and offer them $ 18.95. They should accept it as they did my offer.

I was very happy with my purchase since 100 bobbins cost me 19 cents each. For the record I bought 100 aluminum solid M bobbins a year ago and hate them. I have a heck of a time winding them because they have no recess or slot in them and my dexterity in my hands are terrible when it comes to handling thread.

Here is the ad for the bobbins:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONSEW-206RB-JUKI-BROTHER-100-M-LARGE-BOBBINS-18034-/300589736957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fc8b63fd#ht_986wt_952

I sometimes feel like I am the forum's guinea pig. I buy and try things out for everyone and pass on the good or bad news. :) Anyone ever seen that commercial from years ago where the kids used to say " Give it ti Mikey, he will try it "  ;D

Chris

Mike8560

Oh I thought you got prewounds. Ya our jukintakes m also or you can use u or g

sofadoc

Yeah, I bought some from an E-bay store. Unlike some of their welt feet, the metal bobbins work great. With shipping, 100 of 'em cost me $36. 
Did they give you free shipping with your $18.95 offer?

BOBBIN WINDING PARTY AT MOJO'S HOUSE!!!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

christwo

Ill bring the Beaver!

sofadoc

Quote from: christwo on August 18, 2011, 04:34:55 pm
Ill bring the Beaver!

We ARE talking about a color of thread, aren't we?

christwo

HAHAHA yes, we are talking about a color of thread.  :P

kodydog

Mapquested Mojos house to see how to get to the party and here's what I got.

http://www.mojosbackyard.com/

Tallahassee? I thought you lived in Brooksville.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

christwo

Shoot, I kind of planned on leaving the dog at home   ???

Mojo

Shipping was $ 6.50

I bet all of you would show up for a bobbin winding party if I told you free beer and wings served by the local  Hooters girls. :)

Bob and I were brainstorming the other day and I believe I may have an idea for a bobbin winder. I am going to experiment to see if I can get this to work or not. It involves using the bobbin winder from my Juki powered by an old homemaker sewing machine motor with pedal. :)

If that works out then the bobbin winding parties will be coming to an end. Of course I will hoard all the wings and Hooters girls for myself. :)

Chris

sofadoc

The first time I bought "M" bobbins from that E-bay store, They sent me some that were a little too small. They spun too freely in the bobbin case, and would unwind, and tangle up. They sent me another set that worked fine.
I notice in that link that they only list bottom load models. I thought all M's were the same, but I guess not.
MOJO: Do the bobbins work in your bottom load Chandler, as well as your top load Juki?

Mojo

Doc:

I ordered 100 of the shiny silver solid M bobbins from them a year ago and they have worked in both my Chandler and Juki. I have not used the slotted ones on the Juki yet but have used them on the Chandler and they work fine.

I hope the slotted type work good on the juki otherwise I am going to be PO'ed. :) I never really thought about the differences between bottom and top load's. Having never owned a top load before it is something I am still getting used to.

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Part number for the metal bobbin is 18034, BUT can fall under dozens of other part numbers for same bobbin.

If you found good ones at that price, that your happy with, you got a GREAT deal.  Often I find with the cheaper bobbins is that the inside hole that goes onto the bobbin winder stud is sized all over the place, and some are snug on the bobbin winder shaft, some are lose.  Not good when trying to wind bobbins.

Pre-wound bobbin sizes for this same bobbin is an "M", not commonly refered to when ordering or refering to metal bobbins, but, like anyting else in life, as long as you get the point accross, and everybody is being understood, that's what is important.

Mike8560

He juki LU does the u stand  for u  bobbins?

Mojo

Mike:

I know you use pre wound bobbins. I haven't a clue as to how much they are for lets say Poly 138.
What do you pay for the pre wound's ?

What do you do with your old bobbins ?

Chris

Mike8560

Far as how much they Re I doing k ownfor sure but it isn't much
the time I would spend winding make up fir it just to swap in a prewound. 
Tenara now then I have to wind.
What do I do with my old ones. Do you meen the bobbin cases I jeep them for when I doo have to wind.
I don't have many maybe 12 per machine