Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:06:14 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

chair wheels

Started by RandyOnR3, July 18, 2011, 05:30:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyOnR3

July 18, 2011, 05:30:32 pm Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:32:25 pm by RandyOnR3
  for years I've had to mess with the wheels on my chair.. bought from office depot with the small plastic wheels..... not only does the thread on the floor get bound up in them but after awhile  they seem to break off.. the down side is the set of new office chair wheels cost about 5o to 6o bucks to replace.. on a 150 dolar chair..
 The fix... went to harbor freight and bought one of those shop stools with "goodyear" racing on it.. the wheels are large 2 and 1/2 inch bolted into a steel caster frame.. now the Neet part.. the stools ram for the seat is the same size as the office depot chair.. poped out the ram for the stool and insereted the chair..  my comfy office chair now has wheels built for a concrete floor in the shop...
  and when they get loaded with stray thread and wont move so well, they un-bolt for cleaning.....

Mike8560

Kenjust what your saying.  They
acumulate so much thread they pop off.