Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:40:30 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Clogged glue bottle

Started by kodydog, August 15, 2011, 06:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

August 15, 2011, 06:07:54 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:06:04 pm by kodydog
It's aggravating when the tip on my glue bottle gets clogged. I try to dig it out but it just buggers up the whole tip.
I found if you soak the tip in water over night, the next morning it cleans up just as easy as you please.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

Can I say that that is obviously not outdoor glue? Or would that comment make me look, um, well, mentally challenged?

I bought a new bottle of wood glue Saturday. Got to my shop and the plastic top was cracked. I replaced the new cracked top with the old bottle's top. It works great.

I started to cut foam yesterday and saw some gunk on the blades. I had some lens wipes, those things in the individual little packet for cleaning eye glasses and computer screens, and I wiped the blades with one of those. It works better, and lasts longer, that spraying silicone spray. Can I say I was very surprised, or, um, is this another sharp observation of the obvious?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on August 16, 2011, 04:23:16 pm
I had some lens wipes, those things in the individual little packet for cleaning eye glasses and computer screens, and I wiped the blades with one of those. It works better, and lasts longer, that spraying silicone spray.

I wonder if silicone spray will work better on eyeglasses? :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

The ophthalmologist said she doesn't think silicone spray would work as a cleaning agent for eyeglasses. She said no matter what I thought of trying the next time, especially if it's in a spray can, it would probably be a good idea to take off my eyeglasses first.

gene

byhammerandhand

This is the time of year to hit the stores selling Elmer's glue for 20 cents a bottle.   I usually stock up on a few, but a couple of months ago, I ended up buying a gallon because I had a run on chair re-glues.  So I use the little bottles as dispensers.

I had a cap of Titebond I start jamming up on me so I set it for a soak in water.  It did not dissolve it as I thought, but I took my handy bamboo skewer and the remainder peeled right off.

It helps, though, to close the lid when you are done with it rather than just sitting the bottle off to the side.

I've also been using one of those ubiquitous logoed coffee mugs as my glue pot.  I'll squeeze a little glue in there, then use an acid brush or bamboo skewer to spread it on the joints.   When I'm done, I run it over to the laundry tub, rinse it out and set it upside down for the next time.  The world is full of these things.  If you don't believe it, go to a Goodwill store and you will see a literal orphanage of coffee mugs with attempts to be cute sayings or advertising.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on August 16, 2011, 06:10:41 pm
I wonder if silicone spray will work better on eyeglasses? :D

I've worn glasses for 20 years now. I didn't know you were supposed to clean them.  :o
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

kodydog,

And you wondered why moire fabric was so popular! LOL

gene