Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:52:12 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Staple Gun Maintenance

Started by kodydog, October 22, 2011, 07:59:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

I ordered a case of Bea staples from my supplier. The staples have an unusually large amount of glue holding them together. This glue was building up on the driver bar to the point that it would cause the gun to malfunction.

The fix was easy. Simply remove the the large screw on the top of the plunger chamber and remove the plunger. Take fine sand paper, 150 grit or less, and sand the drive bar smooth. Remove all build up till the bar is nice and shinny again. While I had it apart I wiped it down with a rag and added a few drops of oil.

I put it back together and now its as good as new.   
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

Ha.  Where I buy staples they are marketed as liquor [sic] coated.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

October 22, 2011, 06:35:49 pm #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:48:55 pm by kodydog
I've used many different types of staples over the years including lacquer finish. I never really understood the difference between the steel staples and the coated ones. Do the coated staples eliminate the jamming problem I described. Can someone please explain.

But then again liquor coated may solve all my problems. I wonder if you can lick the liquor off the coated staples.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html