Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 12:29:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

are tables interchangeable?

Started by christwo, June 19, 2011, 08:23:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

christwo

if i were too buy a different make machine, would the table that i have for my juki ddl 555 house a different model or make?

Mike8560

I'm nit familar with your model but mu singer 11w155 Nd juki Lu 153 use the same table
I'll bet Greg will
step up and know.   

Jim101

Without looking at the set-up on your table the answer I have would be a definite maybe.

You would likely need to adjust the belt tension for a different machine, (not too difficult) and the knee lift apparatus that you have now may not line up quite right with another machine, (a little more difficult to arrange).

There are a few machines, the Pfaff 1245 being one of them, that have a dedicated rear attachment to the table but most have the hinge dogs that insert into the bed on the rear of the machine and are largely interchangeable.  

What type of machine are you looking at for a replacement?

Jim

sofadoc

What speed motor is on the DDL-555?
If it's a 3450 rpm, you would want to switch to a 1725 rpm
Everything else should match up. Maybe a different belt.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

christwo

i would like to just go to a walking foot model, if a juki an lu or a dnu.. but hopes are not set on a juki, whatever i can get reasonably really. thats why i want to know, because if i get a singer or a consew for instance i need to know if i need to get a new table as well or if i can jsut get a head

Mojo

Speaking of tables, I need to get down there and get that one from you Mike. We are planning on coming your way in July sometime.

Chris

Mike8560

Sorry rich I don't have the table anylonger.  I needed the garage space

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: sofadoc on June 19, 2011, 10:38:22 am
What speed motor is on the DDL-555?
If it's a 3450 rpm, you would want to switch to a 1725 rpm
Everything else should match up. Maybe a different belt.

3450 is too fast for a walking foot, and, the 1,000,000 question...what machine are you going to try to drop into this table top cutout?  BTW...the knee lifter and drip pan would have to be replaced, too.

christwo

i have a rex 512dv modle motor right now, and it has a 110/230 switch on it which switches the rpm as well.. on 110 it runs at 1750 and on 230 it runs at 3450.. i guess what i want to know then are what walking foot machines could i drop into that table.. because that would direct my choices

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: christwo on June 20, 2011, 08:49:29 am
i have a rex 512dv modle motor right now, and it has a 110/230 switch on it which switches the rpm as well.. on 110 it runs at 1750 and on 230 it runs at 3450.. i guess what i want to know then are what walking foot machines could i drop into that table.. because that would direct my choices

Honestly, dozens, of brands, makes and models.  DDL-555 uses a very populuar cutout.