Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:29:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Densified Dacron

Started by wizzard, May 04, 2011, 11:08:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzard

I'm trying to find some decent supplier who sells densified Dacron Sheets about 4" thick (used for outdoor Cushions)
Most sell just the soft Dacron Sheets which are not really suited.
thanks for any help

Joys Shop

you can get them at wal-mart 
but

Active Foam in Chicago has them too

gene

May 04, 2011, 04:18:01 pm #2 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:19:38 pm by gene
Sunshine Foam in Cincinnati sells it, if what you are talking about is what I am thinking of. They call it Fiber board. It comes in 2" thicknesses. You can easily glue them together to get 4".

It is a lot cheaper than outdoor foam for sure. It doesn't fill the cushion cover like foam does. I tried it on a dining room chair slip seats and it was like sitting on a board. I took it off.

I just washed my dog's cage pad on Monday, of which I made the cover, and the insert is fiber board. My dog did what dogs do with his anal glad and I had to wash the cover and throw away the old fiber board insert. My dog has never complained about his cage pad.

This is not my dog. My dog speaks with an Australian accent. I think he's been watching too much TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

I would never use it on indoor furniture just to save the cost of foam.

I also wonder about the mold and mildew aspect of using it outdoor. Has anyone had a problem with this?

It does make for a good, cheap, outdoor cushion.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

wizzard

joys Shop
Thank you for the lead
the people in Chicago promised me to send me a sample, but it never arrived.
still have to try the other lead
thank you :(
Gene
The fiber board you mentioned is somehow too stiff; if it would just a little bit softer it would
be perfect.
By the way had a lot of fun to watch the youtube movie. Had a real good laugh!
thank you