Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 12:28:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Joann's Fabrics Rant

Started by jojo, April 29, 2011, 03:17:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I worked a few hours Sunday. Got to JoAnns for some Block Out Lining. Got there at 10:00 when it opens. Oh wait. This is JoAnns.

The lady walked past the door at 10:05 and pointed at me. She walked past at 10:10 and didn't point at me. 4 other folks were now standing with me. The lady finally opened the door.

I got the bolt of Block Out Lining. I told a lady that I would put it on the roller table so she could measure it, cut it and roll it on a tube. She said no, she needed to cut it on the table that is only 40 inches wide. I think she just did not want to walk back to the roller table. It's only 20 feet or so away.

She proceeded to unroll the stuff on the table, measuring as she went. She was going to FOLD 5 yards of that stuff.

I told her to cut at two yards, I rolled it by hand onto a tube, paid, and left. Block Out lining is a bit like vinyl. It doesn't like to be folded.

C'est la vie.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I think they should merge Joanns with the DMV. They obviously train their employees from the same handbook.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gmguy3car

Ya it's hit and miss here in Washington.

I went in for some duck cloth (male)

And the gal didn't even look at me as if she just felt a male presence and said 'SIR! did you take  a number?

In hand I said umm yes, 'oh most men don't grab a number'
I said wow, the pretty shovenist.

Mike8560

I like Joanna there good in a pinch for some things. But I am genrsly the only man in there. What gets me is how slow they can be. One persons at the cutting table and one generaly at the register with some old lady tiei g up the li e with some cupon problem.