Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 08:23:41 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I Almost kick myself this morning

Started by Mike8560, April 28, 2011, 03:44:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

I almost have this canvas finnished remember http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-97.jpg

the owner wanted to come o er and have a look so I was installing zippers in the pockets when he shows and says as ther alldo it's the wrong color I did it natural sunbrella as before he thought it was going a tan but after I looked the  signed contract did say natural   
He was good about it somehow the color got mixed up

fragged8

I did that with some cushions once Mike, you're not alone :-)
took them to the customer and she looked horrified so i knew something
was wrong,

Don't you find it's the fussiest customers job that always goes wrong. ?

Joys Shop

Years ago I covered a couch and love seat with the wrong color fabric

YIKES !!! ???

JuneC

"Tan" as in "Toast"????  If so, you can assure the customer that Natural is MUCH better.  IMHO, Toast is probably one of the worst colors Glen Raven makes for fading to a yucky shade of baby sh*t green/brown.  And it doesn't take long.  Cadet Grey sometimes fades, but I really don't like the color of Toast after a year.  Still, that's an awful mixup that makes you want to run and hide.  Yikes! 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Ya we were
just talking replacing the canvas  I don't remember anything about a color change and had natur right on the contract when he signed it.  Although I did want to bury  my head at the time.   
White shows all the dirt also   I went white on my 32 bay but used weblon easy to clean and blue inside

Peppy

Ooooo, that sucks! We made windows for a guy last year in one of the green tweed's. He called us with the colour number to have it on hand when he sailed into town. I went a made a pattern for new windows, we sewed them up then went down the next day to install them. Ooops, wrong colour. He was a great guy and laughed about his mistake. He found a sample card from a guy with only a few colours on it and thought his top must have got dirty. We showed him our book and he said he had no idea there were so many colours. He stayed a week and we remade the windows. Best customer ever.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

DBR1957

Agree with Mike on the Natural. Gets dirty to fast. If someone wants white I
recommend Stamoid. Always sell the easy cleaning aspect.

Darren Henry

Ever have a customer change their mind while the piece is in the shop and try to hang it on you?

I was still shoe making but helping out in the upholstery shop for a business in Winnipeg years ago when that happened.  She claimed that the boss had written down the wrong fabric and should redo it but when he went over to the house to discuss it he saw that she had repainted the room in a completely different colour.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!