Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:16:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Coffee Cup Holder

Started by RandyOnR3, April 12, 2011, 08:56:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyOnR3

April 12, 2011, 08:56:45 am Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:58:30 am by RandyOnR3
  Thought we might have a little fun with this one....... If you are anything like me, I spend a mass amount of time behind the machine, stitching out projects, and as important as the type of machine or the thread used, I find my "coffee" a major part of the daily ritual and a must for the first few hours in the shop..
 So my Question,
WHERE IN THE HECK IS THE CUP HOLDER ON THIS MACHINE??????
  (or "where do you keep your coffee while working?")

Mojo

To the right of the wheel.

BTW......My shop rule is........ No coffee.............no workie........

;D

Chris

kodydog

Seems like that's the only thing they left off these new fangled machines. they could make it an option and charge an extra $100. But seriously, take a drill and jig saw to the top of your table and you can install one yourself.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

I got sent out a few years ago to repair a "butt kicker" in theater seating.  I really had no idea what that was, but I went.   Turns out it was a bass booster that sat underneath a seat.  I swapped a bunch of wires around to figure out if I could get them working, but could not.   After some discussion the company decided to ship new units.

As they ware getting loaded onto the truck a few weeks later, they asked if I could go back out when they arrived and the customer's house and swap some parts.  Turns out the old ones had lighted cup holders and the ones being loaded didn't.  Could I swap them.

Maybe Butt Kickers and lighted cup holders is God's way of telling you that you have too much money.  The theater room was right next to the media room, both of which had HUGE flat screen videos.  Really, you need two rooms like this?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

BigJohn

My computer is right next to my sewing machine so I use the pop out cup holder on the computer, Wink.

sofadoc

Quote from: BigJohn on April 12, 2011, 08:02:09 pm
My computer is right next to my sewing machine so I use the pop out cup holder on the computer, Wink.

OK, This gives me an idea. How about a tiny webcam with a magnet that clips on to the machine looking down on the feed dog area? This way, I can "Stream my seams" over the web, and you guys can tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.  We could sync it to the web so you guys can run my machine from your keyboard. I'll just feed the material, and you do the rest!
Hey, if those ONSTAR guys can unlock my car when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, this can work..........."Beam me up, Scotty"
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Quote from: BigJohn on April 12, 2011, 08:02:09 pm

My Dear friend, I think your getting dementia. That flip out cup holder on your computer is a DVD player. You place DVD's in there John, not your dang coffee cup........  ;D     :D

Geeeesssshhhh. You have to constantly look after these old people.  :P

Chris

gene

April 13, 2011, 04:59:40 am #7 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:03:28 am by gene
I have two sewing machines now. One is self oiling. The pan is full of oil. The other sewing machine is not.I have to oil this sewing machine myself every time I sew. The pan is used only to catch an occasional drop of oil falling out of the machine.

On this second sewing machine, I lined the pan with a heavy plastic. I tilt the sewing machine back, and pour my coffee into the pan. I have a really long straw that comes up through a hole I drilled in the base of this sewing machine. It works great! I can actually take a drink of coffee while I'm sewing.

And there's no chance of spilling coffee on my work unless I happen to think of one of Mojo's, or Big John's, jokes and I laugh and choke on the coffee and it comes spewing out my nose all over the fabric that I'm sewing.

I figure that the occasional oil drip will just help things stay flowing freely inside my old digestive track.

For next winter I'm thinking of adding a small heating element that will sit right under the oil pan.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

hdflame

You guys are killing me! :P

I think we should start a competition for who can come up with the best coffee holder/set-up and post pictures of it.

Gene, I like your oil pan/coffee cup idea.  The oil is basically just mineral oil so it should give your digestive tract a nice little boost!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Grebo

Quote from: hdflame on April 13, 2011, 06:52:18 am
You guys are killing me! :P

I think we should start a competition for who can come up with the best coffee holder/set-up and post pictures of it.

Gene, I like your oil pan/coffee cup idea.  The oil is basically just mineral oil so it should give your digestive tract a nice little boost!

I agree, first prise is one of Snuggtopz supa mugs, eh Richard  ;D

Suzi

Mike8560

BigJohn

I'd have to take my "toon" out more after dark if I installed one of those!

DBR1957

You guys are making this too difficult on yourselves. Here's the answer!
They've been making these for years. Protects your head from the sun too.

kodydog

That one would keep your ears warm too.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

Hey Keith: LED cup holders for your chairs???

Hey DBR1957: What happens when I bend over to pick up the scissors that I dropped on the floor?

Gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!