Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 08:25:44 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Which hand stapler ,plier type do you use?

Started by forsailbyowner, April 08, 2011, 06:04:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forsailbyowner

Doing a 60 guage strataglass job and having more staples bend than penetrating. What model/make stapler do you use? Looking at Bostitch STCR2619. Wondering if something like the B8HDP Heavy-Duty Plier Stapler would have too thick a wire and would leave noticeable puncture marks. TIA

Mike8560

I don't stae mine I just cut the spass t the size need and add facing if needs I'll remove the strat like at the bottom where I'll need to install lift the dots or commonsence

Mojo

This is similar to the one I use but it is chrome and a different brand.

I think I bought mine off Amazon for a whole lot less money. It works great and the holes are not to big.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Industrial-Hand-Stapler-/190487165238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c59eb7936

Chris

scarab29

What are you stapling and why? windows? Hmmmm. 60ga. Hope you have a servo motor cus you're gonna need to sew that real slow too. I have the bostich. Works great on vinyl and sunbrella , never used on clear vinyl though.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

forsailbyowner

Im using tape but the tape only holds the sunbrella marginally, im putting an occasional staple in it to avoid the movement of the facing. Its aggravating when lining up both sides to find the bottom piece had moved while sewing and the stitches miss the fabric,

hdflame

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Mike8560

Quote from: scarab29 on April 09, 2011, 05:09:19 pm
What are you stapling and why? windows? Hmmmm. 60ga. Hope you have a servo motor cus you're gonna need to sew that real slow too. I have the bostich. Works great on vinyl and sunbrella , never used on clear vinyl though.

60 sews just  fine with my clutch motor no different then 40 imo sewing