Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 02:35:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My First....

Started by sofadoc, March 23, 2011, 07:54:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

.....Grandchild was born today. Healthy boy, no problems (other than having a really sick, twisted Grandfather). My daughter is doing fine also.
Except for listening to Linkin' Park at 8 million decibels, neither of my daughters has ever given me a moment's grief. Can't think of anything that I'd change about my first 53 years on the planet.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd marry the same woman, have the same kids.......and YES, I'd still be an upholsterer (well...a handsome one!) 

Side note: My daughter works at the County Auditor's office at the Court House. Her desk sits where her Mother and I stood to get married 33 years ago.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Half-Fast

Congratulations Gramps ! ! !  ;D

Jeff

Cheryl

Congrats on the new love in your life...   You will never be the same!  And neither will grammie! :D
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

Saddleman

hidebound

Congratulations Sofadoc, I am 53 also and my grand children are the greatest pleasure in my life. My youngest is just 2, great fun!

NDAV8R

Congrats!!!!Wish I had one...just one GRANDCAT!
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

regalman190

Congratulations! That's awesome!
Regal Canvas

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Congrats, you sound like an awsome grandparent.  This is not somthing to be taken for granted.  My son is VERY lucky to have the love and support of three grandparents.  Nothing could make me, the father, happier. 

Mojo

Congrats. Of all the things I have done in my life - being a Grandpa is the greatest experience.

Spoil and Enjoy,

Chris

Mike8560

Congrats Sofa! It will probly be a long to e before my son make me one   
There alot I'd do different if I could do it right again.
I felt old this morning when I heard an old lady make reference to a song  on the radio from clasical gass

SHHR

Congratulations, You'll have to have to get busy teaching him to spit tacks real soon!
Kyle

JuneC

Congrautlations, Sofa!!!  I've always lived by the philosophy that you should live life with no regrets and it sounds as if you have.  What a wonderful legacy to pass on to your children and grandchildren!  Wishing your grandson all that's good and true in life.  Here's hoping what our grandchildren inherit from us is more than a crushing debt...

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

Quote from: JuneC on March 24, 2011, 06:22:15 pm
I've always lived by the philosophy that you should live life with no regrets

Darren's signature says something about "Leaving no regrets".
I think there are 2 types of people:
1) Those who HAVE no regrets
2) Those who LEAVE no regrets
I hope to follow the second philosophy more than the first (so far, so good).
Ask me again in 10 years, when my broken down body is trying to haul a sleeper sofa up a winding staircase  :'(

bobbin

The kid got a name yet, Gramps?

(would that every new life was healthy and as a lovingly awaited; he is a lucky little boy)

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on March 25, 2011, 04:15:02 am
The kid got a name yet, Gramps?

I lobbied hard for "Sofadoc Jr."
But I was over-ruled. They chose Matthew Alan.