Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 09:13:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sailrite MS-SCR power system.

Started by jsquail, March 20, 2011, 12:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

gene

March 20, 2011, 01:22:49 pm #1 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:25:41 pm by gene
No, I am not using one of these.

In video #1, he says his motor "will give you more power than any clutch motor or servo motor in the sewing machine market place today." Is this true? Their specs say it is a 1/3 hp motor. Isn't 1/3 less than 1/2? I'm confused.

He also mentions that you will get less slippage using their optional larger pulley. This implies that you will get slippage using your existing pulley, and you will still get slippage, but it will be less, using their larger optional pulley.

Video #2 is about about 'servo motors'. Is he actually using variable speed motors, and not true servo motors?

I'm looking forward to reading what anyone says who is using this system, and what the sewing machine folks have to say.

It is an interesting 'system'.

Thanks for sharing this.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: gene on March 20, 2011, 01:22:49 pm
In video #1, he says his motor "will give you more power than any clutch motor or servo motor in the sewing machine market place today." Is this true?

No. 

jsquail

I kinda gathered this setup was a little on the weak side. I use a similar(Same prinicpal as the sailrite) setup and was interested to know how the sailrite one works in comparison. It seems very pricey for what you get too, very pricey.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

March 21, 2011, 08:40:44 am #4 Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:47:33 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: jsquail on March 21, 2011, 07:42:54 am
I kinda gathered this setup was a little on the weak side. I use a similar(Same prinicpal as the sailrite) setup and was interested to know how the sailrite one works in comparison. It seems very pricey for what you get too, very pricey.

I have to deal in specifics, and although it's not for me to say or comment on the price of a competitive products, I  can say for certain that this motor setup in conjunction with their machine's geared drive mechanism is decent at the very least, and I sure does as advertised. 

I can also say that I am quite certain there are more powerful clutch and servo motors on the market, and that's my one and only point here.