Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 12:19:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Designing a Custom Steering Wheel

Started by TheHogRing, March 18, 2011, 08:31:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Has anyone heard of a company called CON2R?

They just unveiled a free online app that lets you design your very own custom steering wheel. And with all the choices they offer, there's about 250,000 different design possibilities.

I'm intrigued, but don't have much experience with the company. I'm wondering if anyone here has used them, and if so, how's the quality of their products?

For more on CON2R and their design app: http://www.thehogring.com/2011/03/18/offer-customers-the-ability-to-design-a-custom-steering-wheel/

NoJokeUpholsterer

They are okay but I'm not a huge fan. I've seen them at a few trade shows and checked them out. They are primarily manufactured out of plastic; resulting in a decent look but cheap feel. But really depends on the application. Their website states: "Whether your concept for a ride is a rat rod or a riddler contender, a classic restoration or contemporary custom - or better yet, doesn't fit a classification - we hope we can help you turn it into a reality". I'd be very surprised if a Riddler contender would use one of these wheels. Could be a good fit when a solid billet aluminum wheel is out of the budget.