Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 10:14:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

new guy question

Started by drem312, March 12, 2011, 04:35:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Quote from: Mojo on March 14, 2011, 03:32:00 am
Quote from: drem312 on March 13, 2011, 05:18:46 pm
well ok then....that I will ,,,, I dont know Greg first time here  but it seems he is the almighty so I will take the advice ,,,

Oh geeeezz..... We have been spending months trying to make Greg understand that he is not the almighty and then someone goes and starts it all over again. We will be months trying to shrink his head again.

Just remember Greg we are stitchers and your a machine dealer. That puts you several rungs below us and just a few below lawyers and insurance companies. .......lol............:)

Chris

:o    Nice knowing you Chris  :P

Hi Gregg.

baileyuph

Wait a minute guys, the TACSEW industrials have been around longer than I can remember.  Theses machines long ago could be bought from dealers.  Today, they are imported and distributed by the Tacony Corporation, don't know who else might sell them. 

They do sell a large array of industrial equipment and one of their heavy duty walking foot machines is a GC6-6, M bobbin, has a half inch lift, and a long stitch setting of about 3 to an inch.

If anyone wants further information I would suggest google. 

There was a rather large dealer in Texas, not affiliated with Tacony.  More information on Tacsew products go to google and look for it.

Greg is correct there are machines for lighter weight sewing as well.  Their big gear is a knock off of something that looks a lot like Consew. 

The industrial walkers are available new, however.  If it is a Consew rebadged (?) it could be a pretty good machine for marine or?.

I saw my first Tacsew, industrial walking foot over 30 years ago, they had them in long arms and such.

Doyle

Mojo