Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:44:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

JUKI

Started by iamhere, March 09, 2011, 01:43:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iamhere

Can I use paper bobbins with this machine JUKI DL 555?  I haven't been able to get it to work, is there an adjustment to make to  make it work?

Peppy

You'll get a better response posting in 'general discusion'. Most regulars don't look in this section. I've never heard of a paper bobbin, so I'm not much help. Sorry.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

sofadoc

When you say "Paper Bobbins", I assume you're talking about factory pre-wound bobbins.
Are you sure you have the right size? Do metal "self-wound" bobbins work OK?   
If the metal bobbins are working, I would say that either you have the wrong size paper bobbins, or you just have some bad ones.
Factory pre-wound bobbins can be very inconsistent. Sometimes, you have to re-adjust the bobbin tension a lot (the little screw on the bobbin case).
Like Peppy says, post in "general discussion" and our resident expert, Gregg will be more likely to see it. 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Prewound bobbins, yes, your supplier should be able to tell you, but for your Juki DDL-555, prewound size is an "L".

byhammerandhand

I'm working on decoding it...   Must be a secret cipher.

I had several interviews for a job at NSA as a "code cracker."  Unfortunately, I had to shut it down as I needed a job and it would have taken a year to get all the clearances done.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on June 13, 2011, 05:55:51 am
Are you hitting on my wife!???

I doubt it. I tried that EXACT same line on your wife. All I got was a slap in the face.  :(
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: sofadoc on June 13, 2011, 06:39:23 pm
Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on June 13, 2011, 05:55:51 am
Are you hitting on my wife!???

I doubt it. I tried that EXACT same line on your wife. All I got was a slap in the face.  :(

Your prices MUST have been high then!