Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 03:50:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bernina 207N-06 - Will it do 3 step zig zag without cams?

Started by no-sew, March 06, 2011, 05:26:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

no-sew

Hi folks, total novice from the England here, I have a Bernina 207N-06 for sale and would like to know if it will do 3 step zig zag stiches? It does not have any of the cams etc that can be fitted to the rear of the machine.

Also, does the '06' part of the model number indicate that the zig zag stitches will be 6mm wide?

Finally, anyone know where I can download a manual from?

Cheers!

Bob T

I believe you mean Bernina 217N-06.  Most standard 217N's do not have the cam reader installed.  A cam reader  is a mechanical attachment which is mounted to the rear of the machine.  The various cams allow the machine to do a wide variety of decorative stitches, including the triple step zigzag.  If no cam reader, then it can only do straight stitching and standard zigzag.  Yes, 06 indicates it can do zigzags up to 6mm wide.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

If the machine does not have cam box from the factory, then it's only a plain zig zag, one stitch two step.