Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 11:17:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Newbie + snowmobile seat

Started by cthomps, February 24, 2011, 06:48:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomps

Im a small town seamstress that ocasionally bites off more than I know.  I figure I cant learn if I dont try.  I repaired an Artic Cat seat cover for a DIY guy.  He cant get the cover on so he brought it back to me for installation.   Any tips, or tricks would be appreciated before I give it a whirl.  Thanks for your help.  Carol
"Trying to make a living, one stitch at a time."

Mike8560

Did you just sew the old o e or make a new cover ?
I stalling some have a strap in the seat before rheittle backrest that you need to pull down first and staple. Then try heating the vinyl a d just pull on down

cthomps

I replaced a piece of worn vinyl.  It appears the front has to be stapled to the base, then the loops fed through the seat, held by a wire, then over the back and finished.  He ripped out the back seams trying to pull it on so I just repaired that.  It would be easier if I would have removed it.

Darren Henry

I'm making a couple of assumptions here;
> your talking about the strap that runs from the seam at the operators butt down through the pan of the seat.
>the rest of the vinyl is not "crispy critters"

Lay the skin inside out on the seat and align the seams with the grooves they left in the foam. Fish a piece of button twine or whatever up through the hole in the pan (make sure you don't go through the foam, only the slit in the foam) ,through the loop and back down. Roll your two front corners over, then the back. Draw the strap down with the twine and hook it up. NOW, your ready to start stapling.  ;)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

cthomps

Thank you!  I did as you suggested and it worked out fine. I really appreciate the help. You are right, it was a bit cripsy, but he is happy and is trying to get a couple more years out if it.  If you ever need help altering a party dress, let me know.  Carol

Darren Henry

QuoteIf you ever need help altering a party dress, let me know.

I appreciate the offer but I'm so ugly the dog wears a mask when I walk him, so I never get invited anywhere.  :P

Happy to help.glad it worked out well. 8)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Thankfully we all were able to talk Darren into not wearing party dresses anymore. :)

He is great with advice and also great at taking it. :)

Chris