Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 08:23:51 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

alder are they walking foot

Started by jim fuchs, February 22, 2011, 01:36:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jim fuchs

February 22, 2011, 01:36:50 am Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:57:00 am by jim fuchs
 SEWING MACHINE  ADLER

467FA-373G

will it sew  canvas . are they as good as a consew 206

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Excellent machine, Adler's flagship walking foot for canvas, upholstery, top bottom and needle feed. 

fragged8

I had a Durkopp/ Adler. the Rolls Royce of machines
spares are expensive though..

Rich

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: fragged8 on February 22, 2011, 09:44:31 am
I had a Durkopp/ Adler. the Rolls Royce of machines
spares are expensive though..

Rich

...And spare parts can take some time to get it.  This is why we need to be careful when buying used Adler/Pfaff machines; A few missing parts could potentially be the cost of a good new machine setup. 

mike802

I have had my 267 going on 25 years now and have not needed any parts except for needles, and a few feet that I broke learning to sew.  I have noticed that my bobbin winder is not working like it used to, I think the rubber tire inside the machine could be replaced.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: mike802 on February 22, 2011, 12:18:45 pm
I have had my 267 going on 25 years now and have not needed any parts except for needles, and a few feet that I broke learning to sew.  I have noticed that my bobbin winder is not working like it used to, I think the rubber tire inside the machine could be replaced.

Replacement rubber O rings are availabe for that.  They will wear out over time from normal use.

slodat

I have an Adler 267 30" long arm machine. I recently put a servo motor with needle positioner I bought from Gregg. I am VERY happy with my Adler!!

tudorford

I bought an adler that looks about the same as this one (not sure of the model off the top of my head) a couple of years ago.  The lady I bought it from bought it new in 1984 and sewed one pick up seat and a leather duster for her son.  The machine was vertually new when I picked it up.  I love the machine.  leaps and bounds better than my old Pfaff 545. 
Always remember:  Where ever you go,  there you are.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: slodat on February 22, 2011, 09:03:46 pm
I have an Adler 267 30" long arm machine. I recently put a servo motor with needle positioner I bought from Gregg. I am VERY happy with my Adler!!

Didn't know/remember your a poster here!  Do you have pics of the 267?  That's a badazz machine, and very rare factory long arm.  Not many going around that's for sure.