Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 07:24:19 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Recliner release cables

Started by sofadoc, February 20, 2011, 01:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I'm looking for a more affordable source for them. I've found this one:
http://www.gracerestorationsupplies.com/8462.html
I do a lot of warranty work for local furniture stores. I would like to find a supplier that offers volume pricing.
Anyone?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

I have had good luck getting them directly from Leggett & Platt.   I inventory a few, but occasionally get an odd one.  I send them a photo and they respond in a day or so with a part number.   The last one I got was $13, quantity one,  including shipping and tax.  If you do repeating work for one store, you probably have a just a few varieties that you need.

Leggett & Platt, Incorporated
Attn: Don Nichols
PO Box 69
Cleveland, TN  37364
1-800-345-4333
don.nichols@leggett.com or
robert.campbell@leggett.com

At one time, they referred me on to their supplier for a really odd one,

Plastic Industries
2008 Dennis St
Athens, TN 37371
423-745-2652

I've also gotten some directly from the furniture manufacturer (e.g., Palliser) and as I recall, they were about $10 each in quantity five or six, plus shipping.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

That looks like a great source. Thanks Keith.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban