Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 04:29:29 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Patch job..

Started by Grebo, February 11, 2011, 06:57:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Ok, best idea's for patching this one.

It's in a bimini just on the side bend. I now have  ;D an exact fabric match. It would be nice to stick it with something on the inside because it will hardy notice on the outside.
I guess probably two small patches either side sewn together ( messy ) :(
If it wasn't a roof I would probably darn the thing......

JuneC

I'd put one patch on the inside that spans the seam. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

What is it a little wear spots? I'd probly if that's it just patch theninside so it isn't so bad looking 
Otherwise inside and out is the best way.
I had a neighbor with A forty somthing sea Ray with a bridge

A pelican bombed the canvas and when he took the top off to clean it he said it fell apart like acid hit it. He had to ma e a big patch two sides.

Grebo

I was thinking of that, thanks June.

The wear patch is a hole, the guy managed to stick a coathanger through it  ::)

JuneC

Quote from: Mike8560 on February 11, 2011, 02:51:02 pm
A pelican bombed the canvas and when he took the top off to clean it he said it fell apart like acid hit it.

It had...   Bird poop has VERY high concentrations of uric acid.  The pasty white stuff in bird droppings is acid.  It'll eat through paint, canvas, or whatever it's left on for any length of time. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Ya June I  had bird poop take some pait off s car I had when I was younger.  Now I head eight to the carwash when I see some.