Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:39:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

IE9 anyone?

Started by MinUph, January 27, 2011, 06:00:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

I started using Internet Explorer 9 yesterday and am seeing an issue with editing these posts. Is anyone else trying it out yet? If so how is it going for you?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

hdflame

Quote from: MinUph on January 27, 2011, 06:00:36 pm
I started using Internet Explorer 9 yesterday and am seeing an issue with editing these posts. Is anyone else trying it out yet? If so how is it going for you?

I ditched IE several months back and switched to Google Chrome.  I couldn't be happier.  My IE stayed lacked up more than it worked.  No problems with Chrome....at all! :D  Try it, you'll like it.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

MinUph

I have every browser there is. Chrome is OK. I generally fall back to IE after playing with the rest. I do use Opera for Yahoo games it just works better there. I ditched IE9 it isn't ready for public beta yet.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

I gave up on IE years ago.  The hackers like to write viruses to exploit IE weaknesses.  I'm on Firefox.  Open Source!!  More feet on the ground making it VERY stable and less prone to hack attacks. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Quote from: JuneC on January 27, 2011, 07:29:04 pm
I gave up on IE years ago.  The hackers like to write viruses to exploit IE weaknesses.  I'm on Firefox.  Open Source!!  More feet on the ground making it VERY stable and less prone to hack attacks. 

June

Ditto. I run firefox with adblocker. No issues. Works well.

Chris

florida girl

I downloaded IE9 when it first came out, didn't work well.  It seemed most of the sites weren't compatable.  Took it off and use IE8 instead. 

hdflame

I tried Firefox for a while a couple of years ago when it first came out.  It seemed there were still a lot of sites that certain things wouldn't work with it, so I went back to IE until it started giving me so much problems.  IE would just shut down for no reason.  Haven't had any problems since I switched to Chrome, guess I'll stay with that till it starts acting up! ;D
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

I'm still a IE man, but I think the 9 is a serious beta, and that most of the new features are not even accepted common WWW pratices yet.  They are tring hard to stay ahead of the curve. 

bobbin

I was using IE (version?) but I swapped over to Firefox about a month ago.  I like it better but because the computer is not my best friend I still struggle with pretty simple stuff. 

regalman190

Firefox for quite some time now. Much better than IE.
Regal Canvas

Mike8560

Me I'm a xp guy  I stil hVe my 8 or so year old pc what doese I phone use? 

fragged8

hiya

Been on firefox for years now and not had any problems.

Rich

bobbin

I am new to Firefox and am really having trouble getting AdBlocker to work effectively for me.  I suspect I haven't addressed the filters adequately but I don't know how to do it.  Could one of you Firefox whiz kids help me decipher it?  (there are a couple of sites I won't visit any more because I can't control the obnoxious pop up ads and banners and I really miss them).

crammage

I've used Firefox for years and have no problems.  If you go to tools, Options, Content, then make sure the Block Pop-ups box is checked it should eliminate almost all the pop-ups.  That's all I've ever used and I only get get one or two pop ups per month.  It will block certain websites from displaying other windows but you can add them by clicking on the exception button and adding the URL then it will allow them.

Clay

bobbin

Thanks Clay.  I checked and all those things are done but I'm still getting interminable advertising when I go to one site in particular.  I never used to have the problem but now it's really starting to bug me.  I'll try to run all the scans and see if whatever is allowing it is flushed away this time.