Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:28:08 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

how do I remove fold down arm rest on 05 GMC pick up

Started by tudorford, January 22, 2011, 02:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tudorford

I haven't been on the sight for a long time but I got myself into a bit of a bind.
I have a bad seem on the sholder of the driver seat on an 05 GMC Crew cab pick up with bucket seats and I can't figure out how to get the arm rest off so I can remove the cover.  any help would be appreciated.
Always remember:  Where ever you go,  there you are.

mrtrim

It is held on by a clip with a o-ring keeping the clip from falling off. Stretch the the seat cover away from armrest to see clip or reach up from the bottom to release. Make sure to put clip and o-ring back in place before reinstalling armrest. Monte

Unicorn

Funny you should mention this - I just finished stripping a set of seats from an Astro Van - same thing - I had to cut the seam in the rear so I could get at the o-ring and clip though.

Darren Henry

Hey Steve; Glad to see you back. Hope to hear lots from you.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

tudorford

Thanx guys
I got the seat apart and repaired.  now working on the headliner.  What the hell was GM thinking when they built these pickups.  There is a full wiring harness glued to the top of the headliner with no disconect points.  I finally ended up pealing the whole harnes off before I could even try to get it out of the vehicle which was a job all by itself.  My kid is in the back scraping foam as I type this.  Thank god for teenage slave labor lol.  next try to get the damn thing back in and hope we didn't break any wiring getting it out.
Always remember:  Where ever you go,  there you are.

stitcher_guy

That glue they use sure holds the harnesses in place. Trucks, cars, whatever I'm working on, it always seems the easiest entry and exit point is driver's side door. Down under the steering wheel, and it slides in and rolls back into position when installing. It seems like the passenger side wouldmake more sense, but it always ends up needing bent. With driver's side, I can pretty much always ease it right out.

Half-Fast

My kid is in the back scraping foam as I type this.  Thank god for teenage slave labor lol.

I have a couple of those teenage slaves....er...sons

But I don't call it "slave labor".  I prefer to instead call it "Character Building" ;D

Jeff

Highvelocity

The kids these days need it...  At least it helps them learn something...

BTW---great information about the arm rest.
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills