Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:38:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Work Area, Material Storage and Organization

Started by slodat, January 14, 2011, 09:17:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

you need the valium Mojo and I feel a little more realxed about my current space :-)

I work out of my stepdad's garage and he's areal slob, he opens the door and slings junk in all the time.
It get a bit depressing working in there so i'm keeping my fingers crossed I
get the house i'm after so i can build a new workshop from scratch
and keep it as clean as yours.

who else spotted the machines on Slodat's
pictures  ?? jammy git   ;D  I so miss my long arm

JuneC

Quote from: slodat on January 15, 2011, 09:37:31 am
This photo shows my work area for upholstery. I can fit two cars in front of it.

Dude!  Where'd you get that sewing table  :o I want one!  That's a sweet setup.   Oh, as for shop setup, when I get it figured out, I'll let you guys know.  Right now I'm still trying all sorts of configurations.  Basically, nothing works really well because everything I need right now for this job is buried under the stuff I needed for the last job.  I think it's what comes with trying to be all things to all people.  If I could settle on a specialty I'd be way ahead.

June

PS.  Welcome!
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Therapy

[quote
Good to see you around therapy I was thinking of you the other day looki g at a boat like yours. I ended up selling my 32 when I moved I could t keep it
quote]

Hi Mike to bad about the boat.Well the holidays are over
and winter is on us big time so now i can get back at using the
machine more. MI. winters suck big time

Mike H
Juki 563

slodat

Quote from: JuneC on January 16, 2011, 03:45:08 pm
Dude!  Where'd you get that sewing table  :o I want one! 

The cutting table I made myself. It's very sturdy and nice to work on. The top is MDF and I'm considering putting a laminate on the top.

Quote from: fragged8 on January 16, 2011, 11:26:12 am
who else spotted the machines on Slodat's
pictures  ?? jammy git   ;D  I so miss my long arm

The Adler long arm in the back is a really great machine. It has been in the family for a long time. The Singer 144W305 in the foreground of that photo is new to me. I just bought it a month ago. It is a really nice setup with the Mitsubishi LimiServo motor and pneumatic foot lift and reverse. It will sew through ANYTHING!

bobbin

Slodat, I think June was referring to the table supporting the machine with the grey head.  I noted that, too, BTW, June!

I've seen benches like that on the Juki website, usually for machines that are typically operated standing up or as part of a multi-function station.  I love the idea that one can adjust not only the bench height but the tilt, as well.  Very cool!

slodat

That machine was a factory machine at Freightliner before they moved their operations to Mexico. That table is very cool. It has a motor for up and down and a hand crank for tilt. Sadly, I use it in one position. It does make getting it in said position very nice.

fragged8

your Adler look to be similar to the Durkopp i sold , like an idiot  :o

I wish i'd never sold it as it was a fantastic machine, 2 years on i still haven't
found another. Mine had air foot and servo motor.

Never sell it, you'll wish you hadn't .

Rich

JuneC

Yeah, I was referring to the yellow table.  Looks really heavy-duty. What's that logo on the end of it?  I'm guessing it's manufactured for some other purpose and the sewing table top retrofitted to that frame. 

June

W. C. Fields

slodat

This is the sticker on the yellow stand.

As far as the Adler long arm goes, I plan to keep it around. It in in the shop getting a tuneup. I just purchased this from Gregg at Keystone.

It has a needle positioner to make the long arm a little easier to use.

JuneC

Thanks!  I found the workstation on this website:
  http://www.jtc-ergobuddy.com/
under the "Adjustable Height Work Stations" section.  Nice looking gear - and made in the good ole US of A.  But, I'm betting a new one is at least a grand.  That's before you put a sewing machine table top on it.  I might send an inquiry later.

June

W. C. Fields

JanChristian

Quote from: slodat on January 17, 2011, 06:41:39 pm

As far as the Adler long arm goes, I plan to keep it around. It in in the shop getting a tuneup. I just purchased this from Gregg at Keystone.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7Sq3Jc5tMko/TTT9IxXN0LI/AAAAAAAAFvA/-b-lWoA08TA/s800/IMG_3363.jpg

It has a needle positioner to make the long arm a little easier to use.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7Sq3Jc5tMko/TTT2i8Juy8I/AAAAAAAAFt8/Di3Al3y1_Nc/s800/IMG_3370.jpg

How do you like that needle positioner? How do you change from stopping in the needle down position to the needle up position? Can it be turned off?

slodat

Quote from: JanChristian on January 18, 2011, 08:19:11 am
How do you like that needle positioner? How do you change from stopping in the needle down position to the needle up position? Can it be turned off?

I haven't had much chance to use the positioner - I put the head in the shop for a tuneup shortly after getting the motor. The operation is pretty slick. "Toe down" on the treadle works as usual - controlling speed. The neutral treadle position is like normal also. Heel down raises the needle to the highest point. Pretty slick way to do it. Worth the additional few bucks in my opinion.

Grebo

:o Beautiful Mojo, I have far to much junk materials for it ever to look that good. ( Or even close  :'( )