Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:24:47 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Quite the Foot

Started by Mojo, January 12, 2011, 05:01:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I get e-mails every couple weeks on sales items that an E-Bay seller is having.

I always go through his ad's looking at the different things he has for sale. This roller foot caught my eye though and had me wondering " what the hell is it and what is it for ? ". After reading the ad I seen what it is used for. :)

I enjoy looking at all the weird feet and attachments for machines.

Here is the roller foot:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400186479362&category=41245&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:SHOWI&emailtemplateid=28583693&sellerid=FpRekKD1aqBv4xRWRWxcAA==&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqDvgfGSh0OZ7g==&refid=store

Chris

bobbin

I'll bet that foot is used to sew inside a closed area.  I'm thinking shoes, Chris.  I wonder if Darren will have some insight on it. 

(wicked snowstorm outside today!)

fragged8

you didn't read it properly did ya Bobbin heheheh

Dont mention the snow ours is all gone but its been raining ever since,

mike802

I have yet to find a good source for Adler feet, but there are some feet out their that I think could be very helpful.  I would love a foot that folds welt cord onto itself so I could just guide the cording and sew away.  Getting a good storm here today also, I just finished shoveling the customer area of my drive way, think I will wait until its all over to finish the rest.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Jim101

Great topic!  I've never used a foot like that.  Don't know if I've ever even seen one before.

I've been wondering about this foot: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120477742778&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I saw one once at a shop somewhere but never used one. 

Anyone have experience with one of these beauties? 

I've thought about buying one just to try it but don't really know what I might use one for other than very detailed work and I don't do much detailed stuff.   

Jim

MinUph

Thats the company I bought my machine. Zamir is pretty helpful.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

scottymc

I'm a bit skeptical about how one foot can fit so many machines. Has any one ever bought a set like that that is supposed to fit such a wide variety and did it fit?

MinUph

When you see an ad like that it means they carry the foot for all those machines. You would normally supply your machine model when you order the part.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

fragged8

now a weld and cord folder would be handy,

if someone in the US would just ring this Sewing Supplies Co in the US
they could ask .... hint hint Mike   :P

A M industrial supply (909)592-2470

or these guys,, laimagewear@yahoo.com

Mojo

I bought a set of different feet from this guy. The set I purchased will fit multiple machines. Mine just happened to be on the list. I am not sure ( Greg or Bob would have to answer this one ) but I believe many machines carry the same foot setup. There are three different setup's that I have seen and I know there are more, but many commercial machines share the same set up.

I contacted Bob about my foot package and he admitted that most dealers cannot compete with the prices on e-bay when it comes to attachments such as that. The quality of the feet I got was good and I have had no problems with them. I did have to file a little off one of the feet to make it fit right but it was minor.

I really wanted to order them through Bob because he is an awesome guy and a supporter of this forum but......... the savings was considerable. He understood.

The set I bought came with zipper feet, double welt, spring guide foot, and I believe one or two others.

Chris

Mike8560

My first machine was a singer with a roller foot came from a shoe factory.
It didn't wo well with my canvas so I traded it in for a  the 11w155 I have now.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Just popping in, and trying to kill a few birds with one stone;

There are not feet made for Adler/Durkopp Adler I can't obtain, generic or genuine

Some of the prices on items you find ARE good, but the quality is not.  You also cannot return them if they don't work, depending on who you purchase from.

So...if you find an item you want, usually Bob and myself CAN compete with price, and guarantee their service.  I hate when customers call and are leery to buy items because they had problems in the past.  I do my best to inform them that I guarantee absolutely everything I sell to work, and certainly will exchange or accept a return on an item that does not do the intended job. 

And, you better believe my suppliers get my returned stuff for credit from me, too.  You aren't paying for it, and neither am I! 
This is yet another reason to go with a reputable dealer; best price is not always the best value. 

Darren Henry

That was an amusing write up. A foot that eliminates the use the use of oil. It probably also cures gout,goutier,and weak blood.

the reason shoe factories use a rolling foot is to allow the operator to see the needle more clearly when sewing 1/8 or 1/16 from the edge of a seam on uppers.That one has the inside foot there. All the ones I've seen are like my 31K20;

Note there is nothing to the right of the needle. This one is a flat bed but most shoes are made on a post machine with this same type of foot.

QuoteI'll bet that foot is used to sew inside a closed area.  I'm thinking shoes, Chris.

There is a whole different animal for that. It's called a patcher. It looks similar to a cylinder bed machine but the foot is also the feed dog and rotates 360 º. Sorry I don't have a picture of mine but try a google for singer 29K71. They were very popular as were the 73 and Adler's 10-30.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Cheryl

Wow.. thanks for the pic Darren!  That was a walk down memory lane for me..  From 16 - 18yrs of age -- I worked at Florsheim Shoe ..   :D
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

bobbin

Very cool, Darren.  And Cheryl, you're dating yourself... no one under 18 is allowed to operate machinery any more, I think!   ::)