Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:27:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

This should be fun....

Started by JuneC, January 07, 2011, 11:19:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Just have to figure out where to put the seams  :o  Needs a full cover to the waterline.  Kinda like covering a beachball I guess.  (links w/no spam flying)

I keep looking for 007 to appear and claim his boat  :P

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Saddleman

June, That's Bond, James Bond and I want my boat covered....LOL

Cool boat and project.

Loren

Mike8560

January 07, 2011, 03:11:16 pm #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:39:41 pm by Mike8560
Do you have to pattern in the water/lift or on the trailor? is it comming to you?  Kinda like the fountian I did on The trailor wasn't bad how long and how many yards to you figgure?

baileyuph

Yep, looks like something James Bond would fly around in at full speed.

Since the cover will go to the water line, then this is a mooring cover?

Will the cover grip the top portion of the boat as much as possible, as well as the sides?   How the cover is designed and why would be an interesting story.  What I am wondering is will the cover touch the boat surface as much as possible or lay above the top boat surface by going across the top of the seats?  As the cover drops over the sides it will surely fit tight to the boats, correct?  If so, then will it have a draw string (rope) to secure it to the boat.  What type of material will be used? 

Looks like an interesting project ahead.

That is one slick boat, looks like it would jump out of the water when turned loose.  Is this some type of jet boat?

Keep us posted, interesting.

Doyle

Peppy

Groovy! Incredibly expensive no doubt. I'm not loving those seats though. Looks like surf boards or tombstones or something.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

Ya I agree the seats rot.
Did I mention before I used outdura trio on that fountian the inside is flannel
like smoothe.

JuneC

Quote from: Peppy on January 07, 2011, 05:23:42 pm
I'm not loving those seats though. Looks like surf boards or tombstones or something.

Like James Bond meets George Jetson?  They are a bit over the top.  But then, the whole boat is.  Some Italian make.  Expensive?  I'm sure.  That's real teak all over the deck.  The interior is supposedly Alcantara.  I'll try to get some pics.

Doyle, I haven't decided on a design yet.  It'll have to shed water - not so easy on a boat this flat.  It'll be stored on a trailer or lift.  I get to pattern on a trailer  8)  Yeah! 

Mike, I haven't decided on fabric yet - it'll either be Trio or Sunbrella Supreme.  He wants a soft underside. 

June

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

I e never used the supreeme JUne but the trio is berry soft   Oomi g at the sample card of sunbrella I'd say the outdura is the softer one.

fragged8

thats a cool boat June I'd love to see the finished cover for it,
we don't see enough of your work ;-)

Speaking of James Bond remember this

they store the 007 film vehicles in my village, I look forward to seeing June boat here soon hehehe

Rich

Mojo

Yes, we demand more pictures of your work June.

You probably didn't know we held a secret meeting and christened you the " Queen of Marine Upholstery ".

:)

BTW, what the hell is that thing ? Is it a boat or a spaceship ?...........:)

Chris

JuneC

Ha!  Well, I'll take lots more pics when I get my paws on it next week.  Still waiting to hear a decision on the color for the cover.  While it looks really fast, I doubt it's a speed demon - single I/O and 28' long.  BTW, that swim platform retracts into the transom.  Silly waste of space IMHO.  The outdrive is waaaay up under the space where the platform retracts.  That could have housed another motor.  They'd have to stagger the motors if the beam didn't accommodate two, but it still could easily have had twins. 

June

W. C. Fields

fragged8

:D
i didn't have you pegged as a speed demon June :-)

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on January 08, 2011, 09:22:15 am
You probably didn't know we held a secret meeting and christened you the " Queen of Marine Upholstery ".

You guys have GOT to STOP holding these secret meetings without me!!! >:(
I was REALLY hoping to be crowned "King of Sofas", or at least "Duke of Recliners". :D

That reminds me of a verbal exercise:
Say: "Hello, I am Sofaking, glad to meet you!"
Now take out the commas, and say it real fast.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

206RB

Owaa Tagoo Siam.

:)
Quote from: sofadoc on January 08, 2011, 06:21:56 pm
Quote from: Mojo on January 08, 2011, 09:22:15 am

You guys have GOT to STOP holding these secret meetings without me!!! >:(
I was REALLY hoping to be crowned "King of Sofas", or at least "Duke of Recliners". :D

That reminds me of a verbal exercise:
Say: "Hello, I am Sofaking, glad to meet you!"
Now take out the commas, and say it real fast.

Mike8560

Quote from: fragged8 on January 08, 2011, 01:10:45 pm
:D
i didn't have you pegged as a speed demon June :-)

Ic I remember she said they have a formula

Fast boat