Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:28:28 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

camo material

Started by elmo, December 27, 2010, 06:22:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elmo

Does anyone know where I can get outdoor heavy duty camouflage canvas. My books just have the thinner heavy duty canvas. I am using it for a blind to hide 4-wheelers behind it.

Mojo

Try Rochford Supply.

They have a large inventory of cordura camo fabric in several different camo patterns.

Actually, they have a closeout sale right now on camo fabric.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Textiles_-_Bargain_Buys/Closeout_Nylons/Digital_Camo/index.html

Chris

JanChristian

What you want is something like 1000D Cordura. It's rot resistant and lighter but much stronger and more durable than canvas.

I usually get my Cordura (aside from MultiCam) from Rockywoods but that Rochford Supply place seems to have better prices. I'll give them a shot the next time I need some more. Thanks for posting it, Chris.

hdflame

Quote from: JanChristian on January 11, 2011, 10:56:47 pm
What you want is something like 1000D Cordura. It's rot resistant and lighter but much stronger and more durable than canvas.

I usually get my Cordura (aside from MultiCam) from Rockywoods but that Rochford Supply place seems to have better prices. I'll give them a shot the next time I need some more. Thanks for posting it, Chris.

I buy some of my Cordura from Rochfords too.  Where do you get the MultiCam from?  Is there a better deal or is it hard to find?

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

JanChristian

Quote from: hdflame on January 13, 2011, 08:50:17 am
Quote from: JanChristian on January 11, 2011, 10:56:47 pm

I buy some of my Cordura from Rochfords too.  Where do you get the MultiCam from?  Is there a better deal or is it hard to find?

I get it straight from the source. You have to buy at least 5 yards but it's the cheapest I've seen: http://www.duroindustries.com/index.php?page=1000-Denier-Cordura

Exotic Leather

You could try out this Nuvtex Camo Vinyl.  I don't know if it would work for your needs, but it's certainly high quality enough. http://www.nuvtex.com/camouflage-nuvtex-vinyl.html