Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:02:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

'55 chevy 2dr bucket seats?

Started by PaulD, December 21, 2010, 11:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulD

i have a '55 chevy 2dr post in the shop that had bucket seats put in it before it came.  they are from a chrysler 300 4dr which is ridiculous since the seat backs won't go forward to get anyone in the back seat.  anyhoo, i was wondering what buckets could go in instead and work well?

SHHR

depends on the look you're after and the amount the customer wants to spend. If going full custom a set of Tea's or Wise Guy's frames will look good and may be the best bet for ease of mounting. Late model Caddilacs look good and many have the retractible seat belts built in to the top side bolsters. The seats you already have in my opinion have one of the best designs for style and I use them quite often in trucks and two seaters. Those seats have the reclining feature and will stand just about straight up. I've never paid attention, but could the hinges be modified to lean forward more? Also while I'm thinking about it late model Chrysler sebrings, and stratus have very similar designed seats, but they fold forward since they're two doors. One thing I've done many times too is to go to a U-Pull-It junk yard and walk through looking at seats for design and mounting locations. alot of seats that look good have a staggered mounting bracket, or they're uneven to fit late model unibody floors and that makes them impracticle to use without major work on the frames too.
Kyle

PaulD

the seats already have brackets welded to the floor from a company before me that apparently didn't work out.  i'm wondering if it would be too much of a pain in the ass to mount something else.  i'll have to check to see if the other chrysler seats would mount up to the brackets that are already installed.  thanks for the info!

Rich

Is it possible that the 4 door seats are the type that can also be used in a two door car if set up with the proper hardware?
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

roddin1

My personal opinion I like the early to mid 60's gm seats in the tri fives. Like 61-4 Impala buckets. Project x the hot rod 57 chevy took a complete impala interior back in the day. But unfortunately you or I generally do what the customer wants. I agree would be a pain to reinvent the wheel with using a foor door seat in a two door car.