Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 04:21:26 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Latest in boat upholstery

Started by JuneC, December 16, 2010, 07:15:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

I took a few photos at the Ft. Lauderdale boat show this year and am just now getting around to posting them.  Quilted carbon fiber vinyl seems to be the thing. 

This is an 80' Nortech (mega go-fast on steroids) - probably the most obnoxious display of wealth you'll ever see. 

A Mastercraft

One other thing I saw but was too far away to get a good photo - on some of the larger bimini tops, rather than use straps or poles for tensioning, they used stainless rod with turnbuckles.  It gave a very sleek look while still being able to adjust the top tension without having to cut poles. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

I e seen thoose turnbuckles on a pole June. I don't know who hhas them.
The window hanging inside the frame I've done that. 
You just need to leave the zipper on the top not sewn where it alone withthe center bow. So the frame can pass between the xNvas and the frame.

fragged8

December 16, 2010, 10:10:45 am #2 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:20:49 am by fragged8
carbon fiber , done it :-)
on my boat

inside curtains, done that too :-)
after Mikes advise :-)

i would like to see the new poles though.

Rich

bobbin

Where're the seatbelts, June?   ::)

(what a butt ugly boat, lol.  It's good that it goes fast and gets out of sight all the faster)