Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 02:38:30 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Awning stripes

Started by Mike8560, December 11, 2010, 05:00:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

I'm going to be making an awning soon and. Wondered what my options are. I know sunbrella atrioed awning fabric but ice seen vimylmcoated fa to. On campers.  Just wider if any of you ha e other options beside sunbrella on striped awning fabric

bobbin

Glen Raven Mills produces Sunbrella.  And I think they have another "line", as well, "The Mayfair Collection", I think. 

Dixon puts out a nice line, too.  I used their product for the big canopy that goes over the deck on our home. 

Recacril  (Miami carries it) has a decent awning collection, too. 

I think some of the nicest stuff out there is from a company called Sattler; we've used only a little of it at work, but I bought one of their awning stripes for the awnings I plan to put on my home workroom.  Great looking stuff. 

Usually, awning stripes are in the 46-48" width range, Mike.  Sunbrella may make a few stripes in 60", but the selection is limited and may be restricted to the Firesist line. 

There are some coated products out there, Main Street is one, and some vinyls, but personally, I don't think you can really beat the acrylics for awning work.  Pretty much every company that produces acrylic awning fabric has a few other awning options, too.  Scope out the sites of the companies I mentioned above and speak with your reps., they'll be able to help you out in no time flat. 

Darren Henry

Danged translation will probably bite us here; but for RV awnings the guy I work for uses a woven poly fabric . J. Ennis fabrics used to carry it as "All weather". We now get it from Western fabrics (Winnipeg,don't know if they even have a web site) as "Gladiator". It's technical specs are similar to top gun (less the coating) ,but it is the weight and hand of Sunbrella furniture fabric. I can try to get some more info Monday for you to try to match it up if you like.

Bear in mind ; we don't get the "breezes" you Alligator baiter's do though.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Mike:

I did 4 awnings with Recacril and am going to be booking a new job for 2 more in a week or so using Recacril.

I like Recacril much better then sunbrella because it will not stretch. It is a special weave and is manufactured in Spain. Very high quality. I used Tenara on all the awnings. Came out very nice.

Contact Miami Mike. He can give you a great deal on the Recacril. The price is not bad at all BTW.

Chris

ahkahn

Guys,

Don't forget that Outdura makes a large stripe line.  We carry their stripes - very nice/modern line.  It's in our catalog.

-Andrew