Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 08:30:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

shipping to U.K

Started by Darren Henry, November 01, 2010, 08:26:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Cheers mates; need a spot of info from your side of the "pond" please. Boss got an email this morning from over there asking about a double folding lawn chair we sell here and Ernie's  :o "how would we get it there?  :o  Parcel would be a metre long ( three foot) 16? inch diameter (≈ 45 cm).

Hope for some suggestions please. Any experience with $ and time would be huge as well thanks.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

scottymc

google canadian post, but I reckon it will be more than the chair is worth

Grebo

Well if it's any help   ::) stuff I get come in from you guys is usually sent fedex or UPS. I think Fedex has the larger size limit. ?
The largest thing I had was a button press ( It was squids cheaper ) sent US Mail & I had to pay import duty & tax at the post office  :'(  (But it was still cheaper than buying here  ??? )
Of course I am in Spain but I doubt there is much difference.

Saddleman

I ship international a couple of times a month.  International Priority Mail from the USA is always much cheaper the UPS or Fedex.

Loren

Darren Henry

Thanks all. The boss is going to let them know that shipping is going to be more than the chair and see what they say.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

fragged8

hiya

i try to get stuff sent USPS as UPS and Fed ex are really costly.

If it is shipped surface mail rather than air freight it will take longer
but is usually much cheaper.

The customer will also be liable for import duty when it is delivered
unless you mark it as a gift.

Rich