Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 08:58:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Funny Looking Boat

Started by Peppy, October 19, 2010, 05:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

I just finished this today, the weirdest boat I've ever seen! It was attached to the trailer or something. Never seen anything like it.

* I'm sure I did everything wrong according to car upholstery rules but it was all done with the customers knowledge and consent. And anyway, it's a boat!*

Big one too! 1976 apparently.

How it came to me. Everything that was board was gone. "He doesn't care what it looks like as long as it's pretty."

And this is what I came up with;

(Terrible picture of the floor, AND TAKE OFF YOUR BOOTS IN THE BOAT!)

And my favorite part

The rebuilt hand grips

Original, rebuilt with foam, and done.

It was a learning experience, and I'd do different things next time but I'm reasonably proud of it. Bye bye!

(I can't really tell the difference between the one I worked on and the one that picked it up! Shows what I know!)

And from now on I'm referring all the car jobs that come in to Russ.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

JuneC

Funny looking boat....  ???  Methinks it wouldn't float too well.   What's the deadrise on that one?  And dude, where's the steering column and wheel from Flaming River?  eh?  Next time do it right...

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.php/products

Seriously, very nice work on a non-standard item.  I wouldn't know where to start on something that has 4 wheels. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

ncydmn

Now that's the kind-a boat I can relate to!  Looks nice.  I don't know what June means about a non-standard item.  Looks pretty normal for my shop.   :D

fragged8

i now need to go check my boat to see if i got wheels ?

Darren Henry

Nice job Peppy. Here (big city, serving farm country) I get everything from tractor seats to RV awnings to bottom end furniture repairs.

It must be the week for this sort of thing. Monday morning one of the techs was shaking his head at the funny looking RV he had to install a depth finder on. He couldn't figure out why Bayliner would build one so small you couldn't even put the stove and a fridge in let alone an air conditioner. LOL
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!